Re: a new mars panorama in High-res!!

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008

      > You have any non-quicktime versions?

      I have a few maximum resolution Mars panos on my HD View examples page if you would
      like to try them:

      http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

      HD View is for windows only, and is a very very small download if you do not have it. Works
      with both IE and Firefox.
    • AYRTON - avi
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
        On 2/1/08, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
        > All I know, is I haven't seen quicktime video in nearly a year while browsing websites. If you don't need quicktime for video, VR is the only thing left being published using quicktime.

        ALL MAJORS Hollywood Film Producers
        use on their websites (Fox, Metro, Sony, Universal, etc ...)
        and
        All Video Productions Houses for Commercials around the World too !!

        > Please do not reply, under this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.

        Now I say that too !

        AYRTON

        A Y R T O N
        + 55 21 9982.6313

        http://rio360.com.br
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
      • Robert C. Fisher
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
          Sacha QT is all over the place. It is mostly unseen, I have some
          video on my website in QT but I use QT heavily in video editing. The
          main reason you see so much Flash for video is YouTube, it has taken
          over video on the web but it is vastly inferior for the most part but
          it has 99% market penitration so it looks like it has won for the
          moment. It seems like the buzz these days is for youtube like video,
          even though most of it looks really crappy. I have been putting video
          on my websites for about 10 years all in QT.

          It is unfortunate that Apple has dropped the ball with QTVR support
          and interactivity, most all of it broken in the current releases of
          QT. It looks like flash is going to be the huge winner with
          interactive apps. With faster computers flash is getting to be the
          real gorilla for interactive web stuff, flash for so long was
          terrible for the end user since most developers couldn't optimize it
          properly and it took forever for it to load and sucked so much
          processor power.

          Oh well!

          On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

          > Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.
          >
          > All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year
          > while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR
          > is the only thing left being published using quicktime.
          >
          > Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up
          > on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of
          > advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the
          > point is anymore of supporting it.
          >
          > But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware
          > which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long
          > forgotten.
          >
          > Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under
          > this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.
          >
          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > 404-551-4275

          Cheers
          Robert C. Fisher
          VR Photography/Cinematography
        • John Riley
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Erik Krause wrote:

            > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 14:41, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
            >
            > > Panorama Inside Victoria Crater Four Years On Mars
            >
            > Pah, on mars! Who did ever believe it? Now we know that this mars
            > crater is just in the middle of Prague ;-)
            > http://www.prague360.com/fs.html?loc=mars-rover-panorama.p36

            Wow - I thought the drought in the south-eastern US was bad! Prague
            is really hurting much worse.

            And I am sure we have all seen the story about the photo from Mars
            where it looked like a human figure was walking in the landscape, but
            NASA scientists said it was just a rock. Now we know - it was
            actually a pedestrian in Prague!

            <http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6227262-1.html?tag=ne.gall.pg>

            Biggest scandal since the so-called Moon "landings" that were
            actually in the Arizona Desert. Humph. Thanks Jeffrey for your
            investigative journalism blowing this one wide open!

            (Note to all - this is intended as a humorous post! Please, no
            misunderstanding?)

            John

            John Riley
            johnriley@...