RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: a new mars panorama in High-res!!

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
      Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.

      All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR is the only thing left being published using quicktime.

      Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the point is anymore of supporting it.

      But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long forgotten.

      Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.

      Sacha Griffin

      Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      http://www.southern-digital.com

      http://www.seeit360.net

      404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008

        > You have any non-quicktime versions?

        I have a few maximum resolution Mars panos on my HD View examples page if you would
        like to try them:

        http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

        HD View is for windows only, and is a very very small download if you do not have it. Works
        with both IE and Firefox.
      • AYRTON - avi
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
          On 2/1/08, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
          > All I know, is I haven't seen quicktime video in nearly a year while browsing websites. If you don't need quicktime for video, VR is the only thing left being published using quicktime.

          ALL MAJORS Hollywood Film Producers
          use on their websites (Fox, Metro, Sony, Universal, etc ...)
          and
          All Video Productions Houses for Commercials around the World too !!

          > Please do not reply, under this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.

          Now I say that too !

          AYRTON

          A Y R T O N
          + 55 21 9982.6313

          http://rio360.com.br
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
        • Robert C. Fisher
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
            Sacha QT is all over the place. It is mostly unseen, I have some
            video on my website in QT but I use QT heavily in video editing. The
            main reason you see so much Flash for video is YouTube, it has taken
            over video on the web but it is vastly inferior for the most part but
            it has 99% market penitration so it looks like it has won for the
            moment. It seems like the buzz these days is for youtube like video,
            even though most of it looks really crappy. I have been putting video
            on my websites for about 10 years all in QT.

            It is unfortunate that Apple has dropped the ball with QTVR support
            and interactivity, most all of it broken in the current releases of
            QT. It looks like flash is going to be the huge winner with
            interactive apps. With faster computers flash is getting to be the
            real gorilla for interactive web stuff, flash for so long was
            terrible for the end user since most developers couldn't optimize it
            properly and it took forever for it to load and sucked so much
            processor power.

            Oh well!

            On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

            > Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.
            >
            > All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year
            > while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR
            > is the only thing left being published using quicktime.
            >
            > Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up
            > on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of
            > advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the
            > point is anymore of supporting it.
            >
            > But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware
            > which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long
            > forgotten.
            >
            > Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under
            > this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.
            >
            > Sacha Griffin
            >
            > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            >
            > http://www.southern-digital.com
            >
            > http://www.seeit360.net
            >
            > 404-551-4275

            Cheers
            Robert C. Fisher
            VR Photography/Cinematography
          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
              On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Erik Krause wrote:

              > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 14:41, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
              >
              > > Panorama Inside Victoria Crater Four Years On Mars
              >
              > Pah, on mars! Who did ever believe it? Now we know that this mars
              > crater is just in the middle of Prague ;-)
              > http://www.prague360.com/fs.html?loc=mars-rover-panorama.p36

              Wow - I thought the drought in the south-eastern US was bad! Prague
              is really hurting much worse.

              And I am sure we have all seen the story about the photo from Mars
              where it looked like a human figure was walking in the landscape, but
              NASA scientists said it was just a rock. Now we know - it was
              actually a pedestrian in Prague!

              <http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6227262-1.html?tag=ne.gall.pg>

              Biggest scandal since the so-called Moon "landings" that were
              actually in the Arizona Desert. Humph. Thanks Jeffrey for your
              investigative journalism blowing this one wide open!

              (Note to all - this is intended as a humorous post! Please, no
              misunderstanding?)

              John

              John Riley
              johnriley@...