Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: a new mars panorama in High-res!!

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
      I like especially the "Nearby locations"... ;-)

      Have a nice weekend,

      Matthias

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

    • AYRTON - avi
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
        On 2/1/08, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
        > You have any non-quicktime versions?
        > I've decided on eliminating quicktime and java on all production computers.
        > No more security issues, long downloads, long plugin loads, , only a small
        > percentage of websites are still using these technologies, and fractional
        > percentage of clients have it installed as well.

        Sacha I must disagree with you.
        It seems that you're not reading what is selling today at stores :-)

        iPODs are being sold at millions , I repeat millions at the stores !

        And ALL of them MEANS :
        - That ONE more person,
        probably your Client, or his son, or his wife ...

        MUST install QuickTime to use it !

        iTUNES depend on QuickTIme !!!

        How can you say it's not everywhere ???

        Check the sales :-)

        Cheers

        AYRTON
        using both QT and Flash !
        waiting for Deval on MAC :-)

        > Well, I might have to install java.. one day, but I might get lucky.
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        >
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        >
        > http://www.southern-digital.com
        >
        > http://www.seeit360.net
        >
        > 404-551-4275

        A Y R T O N
        + 55 21 9982.6313

        http://rio360.com.br
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
          Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.

          All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR is the only thing left being published using quicktime.

          Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the point is anymore of supporting it.

          But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long forgotten.

          Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.

          A Y R T O N
          + 55 21 9982.6313

          http://rio360.com.br
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com
          http://rio.360cities.net

        • bohonus
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008

            > You have any non-quicktime versions?

            I have a few maximum resolution Mars panos on my HD View examples page if you would
            like to try them:

            http://www.bohonus.com/pages/ms_hdview.php

            HD View is for windows only, and is a very very small download if you do not have it. Works
            with both IE and Firefox.
          • AYRTON - avi
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
              On 2/1/08, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
              > All I know, is I haven't seen quicktime video in nearly a year while browsing websites. If you don't need quicktime for video, VR is the only thing left being published using quicktime.

              ALL MAJORS Hollywood Film Producers
              use on their websites (Fox, Metro, Sony, Universal, etc ...)
              and
              All Video Productions Houses for Commercials around the World too !!

              > Please do not reply, under this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.

              Now I say that too !

              AYRTON

              A Y R T O N
              + 55 21 9982.6313

              http://rio360.com.br
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
            • Robert C. Fisher
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
                Sacha QT is all over the place. It is mostly unseen, I have some
                video on my website in QT but I use QT heavily in video editing. The
                main reason you see so much Flash for video is YouTube, it has taken
                over video on the web but it is vastly inferior for the most part but
                it has 99% market penitration so it looks like it has won for the
                moment. It seems like the buzz these days is for youtube like video,
                even though most of it looks really crappy. I have been putting video
                on my websites for about 10 years all in QT.

                It is unfortunate that Apple has dropped the ball with QTVR support
                and interactivity, most all of it broken in the current releases of
                QT. It looks like flash is going to be the huge winner with
                interactive apps. With faster computers flash is getting to be the
                real gorilla for interactive web stuff, flash for so long was
                terrible for the end user since most developers couldn't optimize it
                properly and it took forever for it to load and sucked so much
                processor power.

                Oh well!

                On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                > Really? I didn’t know you had to install quicktime to use an ipod.
                >
                > All I know, is I haven’t seen quicktime video in nearly a year
                > while browsing websites. If you don’t need quicktime for video, VR
                > is the only thing left being published using quicktime.
                >
                > Since quicktime hasn’t been updated for VR in years, it’s given up
                > on that end too. Plus Quicktime has been updated to DROP support of
                > advanced functions used in VR. Counting this, I don’t see what the
                > point is anymore of supporting it.
                >
                > But enough of thread highjacking. If it wasn’t for the bloatware
                > which is quicktime being attached to ipod, quicktime would be long
                > forgotten.
                >
                > Sorry again for the thread highjacking. Please do not reply, under
                > this thread. I just wanted to see a panorama.
                >
                > Sacha Griffin
                >
                > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                >
                > http://www.southern-digital.com
                >
                > http://www.seeit360.net
                >
                > 404-551-4275

                Cheers
                Robert C. Fisher
                VR Photography/Cinematography
              • John Riley
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 1, 2008
                  On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Erik Krause wrote:

                  > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 14:41, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
                  >
                  > > Panorama Inside Victoria Crater Four Years On Mars
                  >
                  > Pah, on mars! Who did ever believe it? Now we know that this mars
                  > crater is just in the middle of Prague ;-)
                  > http://www.prague360.com/fs.html?loc=mars-rover-panorama.p36

                  Wow - I thought the drought in the south-eastern US was bad! Prague
                  is really hurting much worse.

                  And I am sure we have all seen the story about the photo from Mars
                  where it looked like a human figure was walking in the landscape, but
                  NASA scientists said it was just a rock. Now we know - it was
                  actually a pedestrian in Prague!

                  <http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6227262-1.html?tag=ne.gall.pg>

                  Biggest scandal since the so-called Moon "landings" that were
                  actually in the Arizona Desert. Humph. Thanks Jeffrey for your
                  investigative journalism blowing this one wide open!

                  (Note to all - this is intended as a humorous post! Please, no
                  misunderstanding?)

                  John

                  John Riley
                  johnriley@...