New Sigma fisheyes arrived in Italy...

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
      http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/sigma/10mm.htm
      http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/sigma/45-sigma.htm

      Unfortunately they are not mine, but they are owned by that strange big
      man with the beard.
      :-)
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        Always fun to have new lenses to dream about. What bothers me is that they
        aren't putting depth of field scales on these lenses. Sure, they have
        tremendous depth of field, but on the Sigma 8mm, the scale lets me easily
        set hyperfocal. I really miss that on so many of the new lenses, not just
        the fisheyes.

        Mark
        www.pinnacle-vr.com
        www.northernlight.net

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
          ;-)
          Only have 2 canon lenses, the only 2 zooms I own.
          10-22 and 24-85. Nice for snapshots and theatre. Never used for panorama
          (test only, ok)
          All the rest are Contax primes. Some Nikon, some Leica
          For my taste and scopes, 1-zoom are shit, expensive pro ones are
          expensive pro SHIT, a kind of compromise that gives me things I do not
          need nor use in change of things I'd need better. 2 - I still have to
          see a Canon lens that makes me WOW. 3- we are getting poor and poor,
          quality of lenses dropped in the last years, none seems like to spend
          what was ALWAYS needed for a good lens. Look at prices of Zeiss ones
          (Nikon or Minolta/Sony mount) not to talk about Leitz... (also a bit
          incostant in quality through time and series!) Well, good AIs Nikkor and
          SMC Pentax in the 80 and 90 were closer to Zeiss and Leitz than they are
          now.

          I always worked hard to pay myself the fever of photography, always
          bought 2nd hand equipment...
          I switched back from autofocus, Nikon F90 to F3, I switched to Contax,
          when it was unexpensive in the 2nd hand market, back again to Rolleiflex
          TLR, than to digital...

          Mark D. Fink ha scritto:

          > Always fun to have new lenses to dream about. What bothers me is that they
          > aren't putting depth of field scales on these lenses. Sure, they have
          > tremendous depth of field, but on the Sigma 8mm, the scale lets me easily
          > set hyperfocal. I really miss that on so many of the new lenses, not just
          > the fisheyes.
          >
          > Mark
          > www.pinnacle-vr.com
          > www.northernlight.net

        • panotonic01
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
            no pano to share with the sigam 10mm?
          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
              As soon as it will be in my hands!!!
              :-D

              panotonic01 ha scritto:

              > no pano to share with the sigam 10mm?

            • Matthew Rogers
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
                Here's a quick pano I shot with the D300/Sigma 10mm fisheye. I'll have
                more samples online next week. From my initial tests the quality of
                image from this lens is practically identical to the Nikon 10.5DX.

                http://www.360precision.com/360/index.cfm?precision=products.dsp_d300_S10_6_0&mainnavID=2

                I'll be conducting my final lens shootout tomorrow with the following:

                D3
                D300
                S5Pro

                and the following lenses:

                Sunex 5.6
                Nikkor 8mm
                Sigma 8mm f3.5
                Sigma 10mm
                Nikon 10.5 DX shaved
                Nikon 10.5 DX standard
                Tokina 10-17
                Nikkor 12-24 DX and
                Nikkor 16mm f2.6 fisheye

                If anyone has any special requests please let me know before 9am
                tomorrow morning.

                Matt

                On 2 Feb 2008, at 02:44, panotonic01 wrote:

                > no pano to share with the sigam 10mm?

              • AYRTON - avi
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
                  Woowww
                  This will be great
                  I really wanna see the diference among Nikkor 10,5 shaved versus the
                  Nikkor 16 mm fisheye

                  Thanks for sharing

                  AYRTON

                  On 2/2/08, Matthew Rogers <matthew@...> wrote:
                  > Here's a quick pano I shot with the D300/Sigma 10mm fisheye. I'll have
                  > more samples online next week. From my initial tests the quality of
                  > image from this lens is practically identical to the Nikon 10.5DX.
                  >
                  > http://www.360precision.com/360/index.cfm?precision=products.dsp_d300_S10_6_0&mainnavID=2
                  >
                  > I'll be conducting my final lens shootout tomorrow with the following:
                  >
                  > D3
                  > D300
                  > S5Pro
                  >
                  > and the following lenses:
                  >
                  > Sunex 5.6
                  > Nikkor 8mm
                  > Sigma 8mm f3.5
                  > Sigma 10mm
                  > Nikon 10.5 DX shaved
                  > Nikon 10.5 DX standard
                  > Tokina 10-17
                  > Nikkor 12-24 DX and
                  > Nikkor 16mm f2.6 fisheye
                  >
                  > If anyone has any special requests please let me know before 9am
                  > tomorrow morning.
                  >
                  > Matt
                  >
                  > On 2 Feb 2008, at 02:44, panotonic01 wrote:
                  >
                  > > no pano to share with the sigam 10mm?

                  A Y R T O N
                  + 55 21 9982.6313

                  http://rio360.com.br