AW: AW: [PanoToolsNG] D300 with ISO 2000

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      Williy,
      if I read your exif right :
      --
      <crs:Shadows>9</crs:Shadows>
      <crs:Brightness>+50</crs:Brightness>
      <crs:Contrast>+25</crs:Contrast>
      <crs:Saturation>0</crs:Saturation>
      <crs:Sharpness>0</crs:Sharpness>
      <crs:LuminanceSmoothing>90</crs:LuminanceSmoothing>
      <crs:ColorNoiseReduction>28</crs:ColorNoiseReduction>
      <crs:ChromaticAberrationR>0</crs:ChromaticAberrationR>
      <crs:ChromaticAberrationB>0</crs:ChromaticAberrationB>
      ---

      this means you set Luminanc NR to 90 , Color NR to 28 and
      increased th Brightness by +50 and Contrast by +25

      Is this correct ??

      Ciao
      Mike

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      09:59

    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
        should be right, that were the settings used in CS RAW

        in the meantime I did another one with 2600 ISO !!! 1/15 F5/6
        it was really dark there !! in the turret of a huge cannon

        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Rio/FortTurret
        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Rio/FortTurret/index_swf.html

        Willy

        On Feb 1, 2008, at 11:04, ptgroup wrote:

        > Williy,
        > if I read your exif right :
        > --
        > <crs:Shadows>9</crs:Shadows>
        > <crs:Brightness>+50</crs:Brightness>
        > <crs:Contrast>+25</crs:Contrast>
        > <crs:Saturation>0</crs:Saturation>
        > <crs:Sharpness>0</crs:Sharpness>
        > <crs:LuminanceSmoothing>90</crs:LuminanceSmoothing>
        > <crs:ColorNoiseReduction>28</crs:ColorNoiseReduction>
        > <crs:ChromaticAberrationR>0</crs:ChromaticAberrationR>
        > <crs:ChromaticAberrationB>0</crs:ChromaticAberrationB>
        > ---
        >
        > this means you set Luminanc NR to 90 , Color NR to 28 and
        > increased th Brightness by +50 and Contrast by +25
        >
        > Is this correct ??
        >
        > Ciao
        > Mike

        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        > 01.02.2008
        > 09:59

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
          Willy this is really a competative one (the other too).
          I can imagine that is was relly dark in there.
          The camera did extremly good - about the D80 with 640/800 ISO,
          so it�s a big increase.
          Wonder how a Canon 5D would do.
          Ciao
          Mike

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          09:59

        • michel thoby
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
            Le 1 févr. 08 à 14:31, ptgroup a écrit :

            > The camera did extremly good - about the D80 with 640/800 ISO,
            > so it´s a big increase.
            > Wonder how a Canon 5D would do.

            As very low light photography is concerned, the panographers could
            learn a lot from the astronomers community.
            For instance Christian Buil has some interesting and pertinent
            knowledge to share on his Website.

            To answer Mike's question Christian wrote:

            http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/nikon_test/test.htm
            and sorry, I didn't find a possible English version for that one:
            http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/5d/test.htm

            Regards,

            Michel
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
              On Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 21:24, panokaemena@... wrote:

              > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Rio/ForteCanhao1/index_Dv.html

              I like your use of the living sunscreen ;-) But I dislike Deval
              autorotation starting immediately after I release the mouse. Why not
              use "firstautoplay" parameter?

              best regards
            • panokaemena@mac.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
                If I would have had a tripod.... it would have been much better.. but
                so I was restricted to as short time of only 1/15

                Willy
                On Feb 1, 2008, at 11:31, ptgroup wrote:

                > Willy this is really a competative one (the other too).
                > I can imagine that is was relly dark in there.
                > The camera did extremly good - about the D80 with 640/800 ISO,
                > so it´s a big increase.
                > Wonder how a Canon 5D would do.
                > Ciao
                > Mike

                > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                > 01.02.2008
                > 09:59

                Willy Kaemena

                http://bremen.360cities.net/
                http://syria.360cities.net/
                http://lisbon.360cities.net/

              • panokaemena@mac.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Erik

                  I dont have a PC so I never saw my Deval output !! only once in an
                  Internet Cafe.
                  I am unaware of any parameters and the code is made by pleinpot.

                  Willy

                  On Feb 1, 2008, at 12:18, Erik Krause wrote:

                  > On Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 21:24, panokaemena@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Rio/ForteCanhao1/index_Dv.html
                  >
                  > I like your use of the living sunscreen ;-) But I dislike Deval
                  > autorotation starting immediately after I release the mouse. Why not
                  > use "firstautoplay" parameter?
                  >
                  > best regards
                  > Erik Krause
                  > http://www.erik-krause.de