Re: OT: EnfuseGUI weight problems

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

      > Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
      > > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."
      >
      > isn't that set by system's Regional and Language settings?
      > Yuv

      True, but since enfuse.exe is a Command Line application, I assume that
      only a period "." is allowed? Or can it handle both correctly?

      / Ingemar
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
        On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

        > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

        Sure? I would .NET expect to use the system defaults...

        best regards
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
          On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

          > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

          Sure? I would .NET expect to use the system defaults...

          Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer (other .NET 2.0 apps
          work great). It does not even start and the OS want's to send an
          error report to Microsoft. In the event log I find

          Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

          Event ID: 5000

          EventType clr20r3, P1 enfusegui.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 47a18b12, P4
          system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333aefa, P7 16b3, P8 159, P9
          system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

          Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz

          best regards
        • Ingemar Bergmark
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer
            > Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz
            >
            > best regards
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Hmmm. Windows 2000... havn't tested that. I've only tested XP and Vista.
            I'll have to set up a virtual machine to see what the problem is.

            / Ingemar
          • Ingemar Bergmark
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
              >

              > Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer (other .NET 2.0 apps
              > work great). It does not even start and the OS want's to send an
              > error report to Microsoft. In the event log I find
              >
              > Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz

              Unfortunately, bad news...
              Visual Studio 2008 does not seem to be able to produce code
              compatible with Windows 2000.
              This means that the minimum requirements for EnfuseGUI will be
              Windows XP SP2, with .NET Framework 2.0.

              I have also found the reason for the "weight problems".
              It had to do with the users' locale setting. In certain locales
              EnfuseGUI choked when entering decimal values. This has now been
              fixed and will be included in the next release.

              / Ingemar
            • Andrey Ilyin
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                Ingemar,

                What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                Andrey
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                  On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 13:10, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                  > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                  If they are passed to enfuse without modification (I assume that) it
                  is simply 0..1 (0>=x>=1).

                  best regards
                • Andrey Ilyin
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                    > True, but since enfuse.exe is a Command Line application, I assume
                    that
                    > only a period "." is allowed? Or can it handle both correctly?
                    >
                    > / Ingemar

                    On my PC enfuse doesn't accept neither '.' nor ','

                    In the regional settings '.' is determined as a decinal separator -
                    just checked it.

                    Andrey
                  • Andrey Ilyin
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                      Thank you!

                      So enfuse doesn't accept it bacoause of some 'internal' reasons.

                      Andrey
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                        On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 14:40, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                        > So enfuse doesn't accept it bacoause of some 'internal' reasons.

                        on the plain command line enfuse does accept it...

                        best regards
                      • pedro_silva58
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <andrey@...> wrote:
                          > Ingemar,
                          >
                          > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                          i find that difficult to achieve... maybe 0<=x<=1? :-P

                          cheers,
                          pedro
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                            On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 20:55, pedro_silva58 wrote:

                            > > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?
                            >
                            > i find that difficult to achieve... maybe 0<=x<=1? :-P

                            Errh, Yes ;-)

                            best regards