OT: EnfuseGUI weight problems

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi,

      EnfuseGUI seems to have some "weight problems" :-)

      Thats is; For some users, if you enter a decimal value for the fusion
      weights Contrast, Saturation or Exposure, the program responds with
      an "Must be numeric" error.
      I can't reproduce the problem on any of my PC's. For me it works
      perfectly.

      Now I'm just wondering if any other people out there have the same
      problem...

      Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

      Regards.
      Ingemar
    • Yuval Levy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 31, 2008
        Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
        > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

        isn't that set by system's Regional and Language settings?
        Yuv
      • Ingemar Bergmark
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

          > Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
          > > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."
          >
          > isn't that set by system's Regional and Language settings?
          > Yuv

          True, but since enfuse.exe is a Command Line application, I assume that
          only a period "." is allowed? Or can it handle both correctly?

          / Ingemar
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

            > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

            Sure? I would .NET expect to use the system defaults...

            best regards
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
              On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

              > Note: Decimal values should be entered with a period "."

              Sure? I would .NET expect to use the system defaults...

              Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer (other .NET 2.0 apps
              work great). It does not even start and the OS want's to send an
              error report to Microsoft. In the event log I find

              Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

              Event ID: 5000

              EventType clr20r3, P1 enfusegui.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 47a18b12, P4
              system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333aefa, P7 16b3, P8 159, P9
              system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

              Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz

              best regards
            • Ingemar Bergmark
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer
                > Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz
                >
                > best regards
                > Erik Krause
                > http://www.erik-krause.de

                Hmmm. Windows 2000... havn't tested that. I've only tested XP and Vista.
                I'll have to set up a virtual machine to see what the problem is.

                / Ingemar
              • Ingemar Bergmark
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > On Friday, February 01, 2008 at 6:22, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
                  >

                  > Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer (other .NET 2.0 apps
                  > work great). It does not even start and the OS want's to send an
                  > error report to Microsoft. In the event log I find
                  >
                  > Windows 2000 SP4, AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz

                  Unfortunately, bad news...
                  Visual Studio 2008 does not seem to be able to produce code
                  compatible with Windows 2000.
                  This means that the minimum requirements for EnfuseGUI will be
                  Windows XP SP2, with .NET Framework 2.0.

                  I have also found the reason for the "weight problems".
                  It had to do with the users' locale setting. In certain locales
                  EnfuseGUI choked when entering decimal values. This has now been
                  fixed and will be included in the next release.

                  / Ingemar
                • Andrey Ilyin
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                    Ingemar,

                    What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                    Andrey
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                      On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 13:10, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                      > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                      If they are passed to enfuse without modification (I assume that) it
                      is simply 0..1 (0>=x>=1).

                      best regards
                    • Andrey Ilyin
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                        > True, but since enfuse.exe is a Command Line application, I assume
                        that
                        > only a period "." is allowed? Or can it handle both correctly?
                        >
                        > / Ingemar

                        On my PC enfuse doesn't accept neither '.' nor ','

                        In the regional settings '.' is determined as a decinal separator -
                        just checked it.

                        Andrey
                      • Andrey Ilyin
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                          Thank you!

                          So enfuse doesn't accept it bacoause of some 'internal' reasons.

                          Andrey
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                            On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 14:40, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                            > So enfuse doesn't accept it bacoause of some 'internal' reasons.

                            on the plain command line enfuse does accept it...

                            best regards
                          • pedro_silva58
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <andrey@...> wrote:
                              > Ingemar,
                              >
                              > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?

                              i find that difficult to achieve... maybe 0<=x<=1? :-P

                              cheers,
                              pedro
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                                On Saturday, February 02, 2008 at 20:55, pedro_silva58 wrote:

                                > > What is the range for weight values? Should it be 0>x>1?
                                >
                                > i find that difficult to achieve... maybe 0<=x<=1? :-P

                                Errh, Yes ;-)

                                best regards