Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 5D / Tokina 10.5 @ 12.5

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      He can zoom more, I think.

      Hans Nyberg ha scritto:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
      > > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
      > > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
      > >
      > > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
      >
      > Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4
      > around.
      > 8000x4000 pixels
      >
      > Hans

    • bigwade
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
        @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
        4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
        Equi 4670x9340

        Michael Hundrieser wrote:

        > Hello,
        > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
        > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
        > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
        >
        > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ciao
        > Mike

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
          on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
          Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
          will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
          to shot 4 for a spherical.
          Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
          :°)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            Stil 4 shots........
            does'nt matter.
            Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
            :-)))))))

            Luca Vascon wrote:

            > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
            > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
            > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
            > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
            > to shot 4 for a spherical.
            > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
            > :°)
            >
            > bigwade ha scritto:
            >>

            >> @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
            >> 4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
            >> Equi 4670x9340
            >>
            >> Michael Hundrieser wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Hello,
            >> > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
            >> > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
            >> > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
            >> >
            >> > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
            >> >
            >> > Thanks
            >> > Ciao
            >> > Mike
            >> >

            >> --

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              I was all the day... for developing.
              I scan, right now...

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                brown fingers........
                left that in 1997:-))

                Luca Vascon wrote:

                > I was all the day... for developing.
                > I scan, right now...
                >

                > bigwade ha scritto:
                >>

                >> Stil 4 shots........
                >> does'nt matter.
                >> Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                >> :-)))))))
                >>
                >> Luca Vascon wrote:
                >> >
                >> > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                >> > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                >> > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                >> > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be
                >> able
                >> > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                >> > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                >> > :°)

                >> 5d

                >> http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>
                >>

                >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>>
                >> >>

                >> --

              • ptgroup
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1 3:35 AM
                  Thank you for your information.
                  So I understoof Michel Thobys test right.

                  This could be in my focus, becaus the Tokina gives you a lot of advantage on a 5D.

                  Think the focus, or better DOF, is not a problem at all.
                  A FF has lesser DOF than a Crop- but the Tokina should have sufficent DOF to get objects sharp from 30cm to infinity.

                  Ciao
                  Mike

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.