Re: [PanoToolsNG] 5D / Tokina 10.5 @ 12.5

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      If you keep it 60degrees twisted, you can zoom till black corners are
      small and you may still shoot 4.

      mhc954 ha scritto:

      > Hello,
      > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
      > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
      > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
      >
      > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Ciao
      > Mike

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
        He can zoom more, I think.

        Hans Nyberg ha scritto:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
        > > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
        > > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
        > >
        > > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
        >
        > Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4
        > around.
        > 8000x4000 pixels
        >
        > Hans

      • bigwade
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
          4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
          Equi 4670x9340

          Michael Hundrieser wrote:

          > Hello,
          > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
          > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
          > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
          >
          > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Ciao
          > Mike

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
            on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
            Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
            will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
            to shot 4 for a spherical.
            Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
            :°)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              Stil 4 shots........
              does'nt matter.
              Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
              :-)))))))

              Luca Vascon wrote:

              > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
              > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
              > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
              > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
              > to shot 4 for a spherical.
              > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
              > :°)
              >
              > bigwade ha scritto:
              >>

              >> @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
              >> 4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
              >> Equi 4670x9340
              >>
              >> Michael Hundrieser wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Hello,
              >> > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
              >> > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
              >> > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
              >> >
              >> > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
              >> >
              >> > Thanks
              >> > Ciao
              >> > Mike
              >> >

              >> --

            • Luca Vascon
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                I was all the day... for developing.
                I scan, right now...

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                  brown fingers........
                  left that in 1997:-))

                  Luca Vascon wrote:

                  > I was all the day... for developing.
                  > I scan, right now...
                  >

                  > bigwade ha scritto:
                  >>

                  >> Stil 4 shots........
                  >> does'nt matter.
                  >> Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                  >> :-)))))))
                  >>
                  >> Luca Vascon wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                  >> > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                  >> > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                  >> > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be
                  >> able
                  >> > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                  >> > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                  >> > :°)

                  >> 5d

                  >> http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                  >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>
                  >>

                  >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                  >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>>
                  >> >>

                  >> --

                • ptgroup
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Thank you for your information.
                    So I understoof Michel Thobys test right.

                    This could be in my focus, becaus the Tokina gives you a lot of advantage on a 5D.

                    Think the focus, or better DOF, is not a problem at all.
                    A FF has lesser DOF than a Crop- but the Tokina should have sufficent DOF to get objects sharp from 30cm to infinity.

                    Ciao
                    Mike

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.