Re: 5D / Tokina 10.5 @ 12.5

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
      > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
      > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
      >
      > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.

      Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4 around.
      8000x4000 pixels

      Hans
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
        If you keep it 60degrees twisted, you can zoom till black corners are
        small and you may still shoot 4.

        mhc954 ha scritto:

        > Hello,
        > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
        > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
        > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
        >
        > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ciao
        > Mike

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          He can zoom more, I think.

          Hans Nyberg ha scritto:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
          > > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
          > > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
          > >
          > > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
          >
          > Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4
          > around.
          > 8000x4000 pixels
          >
          > Hans

        • bigwade
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
            4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
            Equi 4670x9340

            Michael Hundrieser wrote:

            > Hello,
            > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
            > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
            > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
            >
            > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Ciao
            > Mike

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
              on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
              Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
              will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
              to shot 4 for a spherical.
              Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
              :°)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                Stil 4 shots........
                does'nt matter.
                Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                :-)))))))

                Luca Vascon wrote:

                > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
                > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                > :°)
                >
                > bigwade ha scritto:
                >>

                >> @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
                >> 4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
                >> Equi 4670x9340
                >>
                >> Michael Hundrieser wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Hello,
                >> > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
                >> > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
                >> > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
                >> >
                >> > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
                >> >
                >> > Thanks
                >> > Ciao
                >> > Mike
                >> >

                >> --

              • Luca Vascon
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                  I was all the day... for developing.
                  I scan, right now...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                    brown fingers........
                    left that in 1997:-))

                    Luca Vascon wrote:

                    > I was all the day... for developing.
                    > I scan, right now...
                    >

                    > bigwade ha scritto:
                    >>

                    >> Stil 4 shots........
                    >> does'nt matter.
                    >> Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                    >> :-)))))))
                    >>
                    >> Luca Vascon wrote:
                    >> >
                    >> > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                    >> > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                    >> > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                    >> > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be
                    >> able
                    >> > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                    >> > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                    >> > :°)

                    >> 5d

                    >> http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                    >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>
                    >>

                    >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                    >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>>
                    >> >>

                    >> --

                  • ptgroup
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                      Thank you for your information.
                      So I understoof Michel Thobys test right.

                      This could be in my focus, becaus the Tokina gives you a lot of advantage on a 5D.

                      Think the focus, or better DOF, is not a problem at all.
                      A FF has lesser DOF than a Crop- but the Tokina should have sufficent DOF to get objects sharp from 30cm to infinity.

                      Ciao
                      Mike

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.