5D / Tokina 10.5 @ 12.5

  • mhc954
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hello,
      does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
      at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
      As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.

      @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.

      Thanks
      Ciao
      Mike
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
        > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
        > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
        >
        > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.

        Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4 around.
        8000x4000 pixels

        Hans
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
          If you keep it 60degrees twisted, you can zoom till black corners are
          small and you may still shoot 4.

          mhc954 ha scritto:

          > Hello,
          > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
          > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
          > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
          >
          > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Ciao
          > Mike

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
            He can zoom more, I think.

            Hans Nyberg ha scritto:

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "mhc954" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
            > > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
            > > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
            > >
            > > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
            >
            > Yes 12mm corresponds to Sigma 8mm on a small sensor so you can take 4
            > around.
            > 8000x4000 pixels
            >
            > Hans

          • bigwade
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
              @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
              4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
              Equi 4670x9340

              Michael Hundrieser wrote:

              > Hello,
              > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
              > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
              > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
              >
              > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Ciao
              > Mike

            • Luca Vascon
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
                to shot 4 for a spherical.
                Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                :°)

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Stil 4 shots........
                  does'nt matter.
                  Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                  :-)))))))

                  Luca Vascon wrote:

                  > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                  > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                  > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                  > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be able
                  > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                  > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                  > :°)
                  >
                  > bigwade ha scritto:
                  >>

                  >> @ the 1 at 13 on the lens you have ± the same as a Sig8/3.5 on a 400D.
                  >> 4 around is enough and you will a have a little hole in the top
                  >> Equi 4670x9340
                  >>
                  >> Michael Hundrieser wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > Hello,
                  >> > does anybody have information if a Tokina 10-17 Fisheye on a Canon 5d
                  >> > at 12.5mm setting can go with 4 shots ??
                  >> > As I understand Michel Thobys test it has sufficient overlap.
                  >> >
                  >> > @12.5 should be the firts FF- setting.
                  >> >
                  >> > Thanks
                  >> > Ciao
                  >> > Mike
                  >> >

                  >> --

                • Luca Vascon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                    I was all the day... for developing.
                    I scan, right now...

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
                      brown fingers........
                      left that in 1997:-))

                      Luca Vascon wrote:

                      > I was all the day... for developing.
                      > I scan, right now...
                      >

                      > bigwade ha scritto:
                      >>

                      >> Stil 4 shots........
                      >> does'nt matter.
                      >> Hey Luca, should'nt you be in the darkroom right now for fine-artprints ?
                      >> :-)))))))
                      >>
                      >> Luca Vascon wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > rotate the camera 60 degrees, and place the lens on an Agnos.com Ring,
                      >> > on a Bob ring or homebrew thing.
                      >> > Since the plombline will pass through the diagonal of the sensor, you
                      >> > will be able to zoom till you have 4 tiny black angles and still be
                      >> able
                      >> > to shot 4 for a spherical.
                      >> > Without holes on Zenit and Nadir.
                      >> > :°)

                      >> 5d

                      >> http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                      >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>
                      >>

                      >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html
                      >> <http://www.nabble.com/5D---Tokina-10.5-%40-12.5-tp15216175p15217895.html>>
                      >> >>

                      >> --

                    • ptgroup
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                        Thank you for your information.
                        So I understoof Michel Thobys test right.

                        This could be in my focus, becaus the Tokina gives you a lot of advantage on a 5D.

                        Think the focus, or better DOF, is not a problem at all.
                        A FF has lesser DOF than a Crop- but the Tokina should have sufficent DOF to get objects sharp from 30cm to infinity.

                        Ciao
                        Mike

                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.