Re: [PanoToolsNG] ANN: XFuse - A Mac OS X front end to Enfuse

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi Kevin,

      Damn those Indians can program much faster than I can :)

      Matt

      On 31 Jan 2008, at 15:20, anodyssey wrote:

      > I posted a new Mac OS X application called XFuse in the user folder
      > at Kekus.com.
      >
      > http://www.kekus.com/for_reg_users/
      >
      > XFuse is a front-end for Enfuse and allows for batch processing and
      > the easy setting of many
      > common enfuse options via easy controls. Advanced options can be
      > specified in an
      > 'advanced' box.
      >
      > This is a beta so there will likely still be some bugs.
      >
      > Kevin
      >
      > P.S. The download does not include the enfuse application.

    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 31, 2008
        Thanks Kevin and Matt, this is so much better than using Xblend with
        the enfuse binaries, more controllable. I am continually amazed at
        how well enfuse works!

        Thanks again Kevin, I will send a donation when I have the funds.

        On Jan 31, 2008, at 8:16 AM, Matthew Rogers wrote:

        > Hi Kevin,
        >
        > Damn those Indians can program much faster than I can :)
        >
        > Matt
        >
        > On 31 Jan 2008, at 15:20, anodyssey wrote:
        >
        > > I posted a new Mac OS X application called XFuse in the user folder
        > > at Kekus.com.
        > >
        > > http://www.kekus.com/for_reg_users/
        > >
        > > XFuse is a front-end for Enfuse and allows for batch processing and
        > > the easy setting of many
        > > common enfuse options via easy controls. Advanced options can be
        > > specified in an
        > > 'advanced' box.
        > >
        > > This is a beta so there will likely still be some bugs.
        > >
        > > Kevin
        > >
        > > P.S. The download does not include the enfuse application.

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography/Cinematography
      • bigwade
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 31, 2008
          Kevin,
          Great !
          Try it tomorrow.

          anodyssey wrote:

          > I posted a new Mac OS X application called XFuse in the user folder at
          > Kekus.com.
          >
          > http://www.kekus.com/for_reg_users/
          >
          > XFuse is a front-end for Enfuse and allows for batch processing and the
          > easy setting of many
          > common enfuse options via easy controls. Advanced options can be specified
          > in an
          > 'advanced' box.
          >
          > This is a beta so there will likely still be some bugs.
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > P.S. The download does not include the enfuse application.

        • Bruce Hemming
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
            Great news Kevin, thank you very much. Don't forget the donations
            everyone!

            Best

            Bruce

            Bruce Hemming
            Bruce Hemming Photography
            Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
            Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
            e-Mail: bruce@...

          • Bruno Postle
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
              On Fri 01-Feb-2008 at 10:30 +0000, Bruce Hemming wrote:

              > Great news Kevin, thank you very much. Don't forget the donations
              > everyone!

              Indeed, here's the link for making a donation to the author of
              enfuse:

              http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=123407

              --
              Bruno
            • Bruce Hemming
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                On Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:03 am Bruno Postle wrote

                Indeed, here's the link for making a donation to the author of
                enfuse:

                http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=123407

                A timely reminder Bruno. I had no idea how to contact the author and
                now I - and everyone else - does.

                Regards

                Bruce

                Bruce Hemming
                Bruce Hemming Photography
                Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
                Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
                e-Mail: bruce@...

              • bigwade
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Sorry if I miss something, but the link is shipping me to enblend and not
                  enfuse....?
                  Ippei's Enfuse version ? who to donate to ??? Donated to Kevin allready.

                  Bruce Hemming wrote:

                  > On Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:03 am Bruno Postle wrote
                  >
                  > Indeed, here's the link for making a donation to the author of
                  > enfuse:
                  >
                  > http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=123407
                  >
                  > A timely reminder Bruno. I had no idea how to contact the author and
                  > now I - and everyone else - does.
                  >
                  > Regards
                  >
                  > Bruce
                  >
                  > Bruce Hemming
                  > Bruce Hemming Photography
                  > Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
                  > Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
                  > e-Mail: bruce@...

                • Bruno Postle
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                    On Fri 01-Feb-2008 at 16:40 -0800, bigwade wrote:

                    >Sorry if I miss something, but the link is shipping me to enblend and not
                    >enfuse....?

                    enfuse is part of the enblend project, they are both written by the
                    same author.

                    --
                    Bruno
                  • bigwade
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                      And who/what is Ippei ?
                      Sorry but this is very confusing.
                      No idea who did what.....

                      Bruno Postle wrote:

                      > On Fri 01-Feb-2008 at 16:40 -0800, bigwade wrote:
                      >>
                      >>Sorry if I miss something, but the link is shipping me to enblend and not
                      >>enfuse....?
                      >
                      > enfuse is part of the enblend project, they are both written by the
                      > same author.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Bruno

                    • anodyssey
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bigwade <celsius@...> wrote:

                        > And who/what is Ippei ?
                        > Sorry but this is very confusing.
                        > No idea who did what.....

                        A link to the enfuse on the panotools wiki may help clear things:

                        http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse

                        I'm not sure where the Mac compilation of enfuse Matt posted came from. The XFuse Mac
                        front end is a Kekus product. The last enfuse version posted on my site was from Ippei.
                        Previous versions of enfuse were from me.
                      • anodyssey
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
                          correction. The last Enblend (not enfuse) version posted on my site was from ippie. Previous
                          versions were from me.
                        • Bruno Postle
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                            On Fri 01-Feb-2008 at 16:51 -0800, bigwade wrote:

                            >And who/what is Ippei ?
                            >Sorry but this is very confusing.
                            >No idea who did what.....

                            Andrew Mihal is the author of enblend/enfuse. Ippei has been
                            building OS X versions for his hugin OS X bundle, but has also
                            made them available for download separately.

                            --
                            Bruno