[PanoToolsNG] Re: Nadir shot?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
      Sometime around 31/1/08 (at 11:08 +0000) brenlikescheese said:

      >I use Cubic Converter & Connector to create the tours. Can you suggest
      >any other software for the mac that will do the same jobs better?

      For QuickTime VR panorama production from existing stitched
      equirectangular or cube face images, this seems to be the best option
      around. But I will look with interest to see what other people
      suggest.

      >Setting the QT motion quality to 'High', is that something I would
      >have to do in QuickTime Pro?

      That's a setting in CubicConverter. In the Movie tab, open the
      Panning Quality disclosure triangle (aka the flippy arrow thing) and
      make sure both Motion and Static are set to High. The 'Normal'
      setting may have been important back in the 1990s, but not any more!
      Well, it might possibly help reduce jumpy panning with large movies,
      but the tradeoff isn't something I'd like to make.

      >Nice tour of the Glade by the way. I was gonna go this year but heard
      >it was getting washed out so went to Holmbush instead (little local
      >festival).

      You probably wouldn't have been able to get a ticket to Glade by the
      time the weather was known anyway - it sells out long before the
      event. But you did manage to avoid an incredible amount of rain and
      mud! I have a few VRs from that one here:
      http://www.thehelpful.com/glade07/

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
        I had bad experience with Walimex products, cheap Manfrotto copies, with
        all old manfrotto drawbacks and none of the plus.
        :-/ Is this any good?

        Freddy Stapersma ha scritto:

        > I bought a cheap horizontal extention from walimex.
        > a bit heavy but I only use this for indoor hdr shoots anyway.
        > works like a charm!
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/ywdy4o <http://tinyurl.com/ywdy4o>
        >
        > bought it for 30 euros on Ebay.
        >
        > Regards.
        > discocandy
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > brenlikescheese wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Are there any tricks for getting the nadir shot??
        > > >

        > > Besides the already mentioned ones you can use a short horizontal
        > pole
        > > mounted to your tripod or a construction like this:
        > > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Nadir/Ninja/Ninja_Eng.html
        > <http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Nadir/Ninja/Ninja_Eng.html>
        > >
        > > best regards
        > >

        > > -----
        > > Erik Krause
        > > http://www.erik-krause.de <http://www.erik-krause.de>
        > > --

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
          I've the zero nadir technique too, with 10.5 and 8mm, with monopod and
          with tripod.
          Maybe it could be my Prague speech... "Unusual uses of usual fisheyes -
          shoot more, stitch less -"

          Jeffrey Martin ha scritto:

          > Ok, 5 - 10x is a bit of an exaggeration....
          >
          > Meanwhile MIlko and Michel Thoby have the "zero nadir" technique.....

        • Freddy Stapersma
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2008
            Yeah.
            for professional work it is a big No for me.
            it is heavy but does the job.
            pretty sturdy aswell.
            I also have a alu tripod from them. also heavy but for windy
            conditions I use it.

            I wanted to try this horizontal pieceand thought 30 bucks was not to
            much money to try this first.

            I do this for a hobby not for my job so money is a bit limited ;-).

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...>