Aligning for Enfuse

  • marchuff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
      Pardon me if I'm a bit ignorant, but have either Erik or Ingemar
      created an option to align images before enfusing them? Is there a
      simple switch?

      Personally I like the simplicity of Erik's droplet better, but
      Ingemar's GUI does give us more use of options.

      Thanks.

      _Marc Huff
      WHdigital, Inc.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
        On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 16:51, marchuff wrote:

        > Pardon me if I'm a bit ignorant, but have either Erik or Ingemar
        > created an option to align images before enfusing them? Is there a
        > simple switch?

        There is no switch but a command line program in the hugin suite:
        align_image_stack, which works almost perfect for that. In my current
        droplet package there is a version using this. But be warned: You
        need a recent hugin snapshot, which is more or less in alpha state
        http://hugin.panotools.org/testing/hugin/hugin_0.7.0.2587_win32.msi
        will probably do!

        You further need exiftool if you want EXIF info copied to the result
        files: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

        And the droplets of course:
        http://www.erik-krause.de/enfuse_droplets.zip

        Please read the readme.txt file carefully!

        All this is in testing state. I'll be grateful if you send me bug
        reports.

        best regards
      • Marc Huff
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
          So far all work well. The alignment feature isn't the best (Photomatix does
          better) but I do like Enfuse's blending much more. I'm fixing it the best I
          can in PS.

          If I do run into any bugs, though, I'll let you know directly.

          Thanks for all your work, Erik. We all appreciate it.

          _Marc Huff
          WHdigital, Inc.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
            On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 16:48, Marc Huff wrote:

            > So far all work well. The alignment feature isn't the best (Photomatix does
            > better)

            Interesting, since align_image_stack does a real remapping (it is an
            automated version of what you could do f.e. in PTGui or hugin
            manually: create controls points, optimize, remap) it should work
            better than a mere image shift. Hence the input projection type is
            important (sorry, forgot to mention that in the readme). If you use a
            fisheye, you should specify -e in enfuse_align_droplet.bat (use
            notepad to edit).

            best regards