Quebec City Red Bull Crashed Ice event panos

  • jeanpierrelavoie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
      I was at the international skating event, Red Bull Crashed Ice, in
      Quebec City this weekend. The atmosphere with the crowd, the Château
      Frontenac, the illuminated track, the lighting in the old city and the
      skaters (who are not afraid to dive on this 50 degrees steep iced
      tracked) were fantastic.

      I got this image at Cyberpresse.ca from the start of the race:
      http://multimedia.cyberpresse.ca/photosbulles/crashedice/depart.html

      This one at Place-Royal near the end of the race:
      http://www.photojpl.com/flash/flashcrashediceroyal.html

      I was a bit scared that my batteries would not last up high on my
      pole. Some shots it did not fire, but most did.

      Jean-Pierre
    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
        very cool scenery (literally, hehe) and well captured.
        i would just want more sound ;)

        best
        jeurgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com,
        "jeanpierrelavoie" <j_plavoie@...> wrote:

        > I was at the international skating event, Red Bull Crashed Ice, in
        > Quebec City this weekend. The atmosphere with the crowd, the
        Château
        > Frontenac, the illuminated track, the lighting in the old city and
        the
        > skaters (who are not afraid to dive on this 50 degrees steep iced
        > tracked) were fantastic.
        >
        > I got this image at Cyberpresse.ca from the start of the race:
        > http://multimedia.cyberpresse.ca/photosbulles/crashedice/depart.html
        >
        > This one at Place-Royal near the end of the race:
        > http://www.photojpl.com/flash/flashcrashediceroyal.html
        >
        > I was a bit scared that my batteries would not last up high on my
        > pole. Some shots it did not fire, but most did.
        >
        > Jean-Pierre

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
          Sometime around 29/1/08 (at 13:55 +0000) jeanpierrelavoie said:

          >I was a bit scared that my batteries would not last up high on my
          >pole. Some shots it did not fire, but most did.

          Nice event! And did you really have that strong strip of stars above?

          I did find the Flash panos to be slightly difficult to control well.
          Are they more sensitive to movement than most? I also couldn't help
          noticing the typical Flash wobbly edges near the left/right extremes.
          But nice panos all the same.

          I'd love to try going down that track... but not with crowds
          watching, that's for sure! :-)

        • jeanpierrelavoie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008

            > Sometime around 29/1/08 (at 13:55 +0000) jeanpierrelavoie said:

            > Nice event! And did you really have that strong strip of stars above?

            Thanks keith. Actualy these were not stars, but small snow flakes!

            JP