JATC - Tour Creator v2.0 released

  • helge_kippenberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
      Hi,

      there were only a few error reports for the beta version. I fixed them
      (I hope:-)) and released the final version 2.0 of the Tour Creator.

      You will find more on
      http://www.panoclub.de/jatc

      I want to try, if its possible to run JATC under mono on a MAC. Is
      anyone out there running mono2 on a Mac and wants to test, if JATC
      runs on a mac? Will be great if you give me call under jatc at arcor de

      rgds,

      Helge
    • Carl von Einem
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
        Hi Helge,

        is 'mono2' a typo? The latest version that works on Mac OS X Tiger
        (10.4) and Leopard (10.5) is 1.2.6 according to
        <http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html>

        Carl

        Posted by: "helge_kippenberg"

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carl von Einem <einem@...> wrote:

          Hi Carl,

          > is 'mono2' a typo? The latest version that works on Mac OS X Tiger
          > (10.4) and Leopard (10.5) is 1.2.6 according to
          > <http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html>

          Thanks for your question. 'mono2' is some kind of unclever phrase;-).
          JATC is build on .Net 2.0, using some specific functions of .Net 2.0.
          Mono is not yet released with full support for .net 2.0 (if I
          understood the release notes of mono).

          I am developing with SharpDevelop. With this I can build the
          'binaries' for mono. I will do that and check this with the Mono
          Migration Analyzer (see you link above). I am afraid my browser
          control will fail the test.

          rgds,
          Helge
        • helge_kippenberg
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "helge_kippenberg"
            <helge.kippenberg@...> wrote:

            > I will do that and check this with the Mono
            > Migration Analyzer (see you link above).

            Is there anyone who has mono 1.2.6 running on a mac? Iwill be glad, If
            you can try to run JATC on your MAC. If I am not wrong JATC my run on
            the MAC without recompiling nor modifications.

            rgds,

            Helge
          • AYRTON - avi
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
              On 1/29/08, helge_kippenberg <helge.kippenberg@...> wrote:

              > Is there anyone who has mono 1.2.6 running on a mac? Iwill be glad, If
              > you can try to run JATC on your MAC. If I am not wrong JATC my run on
              > the MAC without recompiling nor modifications.

              Sorry I use mac since 1995
              but Ireally don't have any idea what is MONO 1.2.6 :-)
              So I search at google and I found this:
              <http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html>
              BUT
              trying to download this stuff fr my MAC
              it just keepes freezing my MAC !!!
              So I gave up !

              Sorry
              AYRTON

              > rgds,
              >
              > Helge

              A Y R T O N
              (55-21) 9982.6313

              www.rio360.com.br
              www.vrfolio.com
              www.ayrton.com
              rio.360cities.net
            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "helge_kippenberg" <helge.kippenberg@...> wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "helge_kippenberg"
                > <helge.kippenberg@> wrote:
                >

                > > I will do that and check this with the Mono
                > > Migration Analyzer (see you link above).
                >
                > Is there anyone who has mono 1.2.6 running on a mac? Iwill be glad, If
                > you can try to run JATC on your MAC. If I am not wrong JATC my run on
                > the MAC without recompiling nor modifications.

                I have tried the download link for OSX several times on the Mono site and the browser
                frezzes completely.
                Only way is to force close Safari.

                I have a completelly new system install only 1 week since I did it.

                Hans
              • AYRTON - avi
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
                  On 1/29/08, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:
                  > I have tried the download link for OSX several times on the Mono site and the browser frezzes completely.
                  > Only way is to force close Safari.

                  I have the exactly same problem here in Rio de Janeiro :-)

                  AYRTON

                  > I have a completelly new system install only 1 week since I did it.
                  >
                  > Hans

                  A Y R T O N
                  (55-21) 9982.6313

                  www.rio360.com.br
                  www.vrfolio.com
                  www.ayrton.com
                  rio.360cities.net
                • AYRTON - avi
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
                    Hi Helge and Hans,

                    using Firefox the download is working !!!

                    I will just have to wait since it's a 60 mb download
                    :-)

                    AYRTON

                    --
                    A Y R T O N
                    (55-21) 9982.6313

                    www.rio360.com.br
                    www.vrfolio.com
                    www.ayrton.com
                    rio.360cities.net
                  • helge_kippenberg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 30, 2008
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "helge_kippenberg"
                      <helge.kippenberg@...> wrote:
                      @hans, AYRTON: thanks for trying. Is having mono on a mac not very common?

                      sorry for going a bit OT

                      rgds,
                      Helge
                    • Carl von Einem
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 30, 2008
                        Hi Helge,

                        I don't think this is OT. Mono is also needed on Mac if you want to use
                        Sebastian Nowozin's autopano-sift together with e.g. hugin
                        (<http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/>)

                        I have Mono 1.2.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.9 (PPC) as well as
                        Mono 1.2.6 on Mac OS X 10.4.x and 10.5.x (also PPC).

                        BTW to check for the Mono version on Mac open a Terminal window and type
                        mono -V
                        (and then press 'Enter')

                        Sorry I just didn't have the time yet to try out JATC. Sounds
                        interesting, though.

                        Carl

                        Posted by: "helge_kippenberg"

                        > @hans, AYRTON: thanks for trying. Is having mono on a mac not very common?
                        > sorry for going a bit OT
                      • helge_kippenberg
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 30, 2008
                          <helge.kippenberg@...> wrote:

                          > Is there anyone who has mono 1.2.6 running on a mac? I will be glad, If
                          > you can try to run JATC on your MAC. If I am not wrong JATC my run on
                          > the MAC without recompiling nor modifications.

                          I think, there is actually no more need for testing JATC with mono on
                          MAC, because JATC is not running with mono on PC. There are to many
                          specials from .Net 2.0 implemented in JATC (i.e. AxWebBrowser). I won
                          t port JATC to GTK+ at this time. Maybe JATC runs under Parallels.

                          Sorry and thank you guys for testing,

                          Helge