make your photo into 3d

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
      http://make3d.stanford.edu/

      whoa.

      Jeffrey

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
        On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:54:26 +0900, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>
        wrote:

        > http://make3d.stanford.edu/
        >
        > whoa.
        >

        > Jeffrey

        Whoa squared. No, make that cubed! Must see that on a PANORAMA!

        Roger

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
          Hey Roger,

          Try Realviz VTour and you'll see that on a panorama! ;)

          http://imagemodeler.realviz.com/products/VT/index.php?language=EN

          Check out the examples. Pretty cool but I think the technology is not mature yet.

          Best regards,
          Andrei Zdetovetchi

          Muza pierduta - http://zdeto.wordpress.com/
          the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
          flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto/
          ---

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
            WOW :-O
          • Snowy Aldon
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
              Hi All,

              this concept has surfaced before. Most notably in 1999 from
              Metacreations in the form of a piece of software called Canoma. It
              never got beyond version 1 and has since been acquired by Adobe;
              "vanishing point" anybody.

              The interface had Kai Krause written all over it. How I miss his
              "fresh out of the lab" presentations at Macworld etc - truly
              inspiring. Apparently still developing in a castle called Byteburg
              overlooking the Rhine.

              Best

              Snowy

              On 29 Jan 2008, at 07:54, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

              > http://make3d.stanford.edu/
              >
              > whoa.
              >
              > Jeffrey

            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
                Thanks, Andrei.

                On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:02:02 +0900, Andrei Zdetovetchi <zdeto@...>
                wrote:

                > Hey Roger,
                >
                > Try Realviz VTour and you'll see that on a panorama! ;)
                >
                > http://imagemodeler.realviz.com/products/VT/index.php?language=EN
                >
                > Check out the examples. Pretty cool but I think the technology is not
                > mature yet.

                I noticed it took a very long time to download even with my fast
                connection (true
                100Mbps). So I guess it is more for kiosk use right now. In a couple of
                years or
                so most people will have faster connections, so there may be some point in
                developing consumer sites using this technology.

                Hmmmm. I think I can find ONE application for it right now. I agree it is
                cool,
                and also that it is early days...

                Roger W.