EnfuseGUI v1.0

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hello all!

      Version 1.0 is now out in the open... :-)
      http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI

      Summary-----------------------------

      fixed: Handles filenames with spaces correctly.

      fixed: Displays a message if enfuse.exe path is not set, or incorrect.

      new: Point-and-click options. Just click on the options you want to
      include instead of specifying them manually.

      new: Context menu. Right-click on a node to change output type, or
      set individual enfuse-settings for that node.

      new: Multiselect nodes. Use shift-/control-click to select multiple
      nodes. This allows you to change settings for multiple nodes at once.

      new: Add files button. Opens a file dialog where you can select or
      drag files to EnfuseGUI.

      changed: "Make default" moved to the File menu.

      The context menu comes in quite handy if you're experimenting with
      the fusion weight options (contrast, exposure, saturation).
      Just set the initial settings and enfuse. If the results are not as
      expected, just right-click on the node to change values and enfuse
      again.
      TIP: When acceptable values have been obtained, save the project
      to "remember" which settings were used.

      As always, suggestions and comments are welcome!

      Have fun,
      Ingemar Bergmark
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
        Thank you Ingemar! That was a completely painless install.

        Now for some fun!

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
          > new: Point-and-click options. Just click on the options you want to
          > include instead of specifying them manually.
          >

          > The context menu comes in quite handy if you're experimenting with
          > the fusion weight options (contrast, exposure, saturation).
          > Just set the initial settings and enfuse. If the results are not as
          > expected, just right-click on the node to change values and enfuse
          > again.
          > TIP: When acceptable values have been obtained, save the project
          > to "remember" which settings were used.
          >

          > As always, suggestions and comments are welcome!
          > Ingemar Bergmark

          HI Ingemar,

          Looks really nice, thank you for the work.

          I just tried a test with it, seems the option "-w" or 180 blending is
          not taking when checked on the options panel. At least it's not
          showing up on the consol output and the results show the option off.

          Am I missing somethig in how to use it?

          Regards,

          Robert
        • robert_harshman
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
            > Am I missing somethig in how to use it?

            OK, I've played around a bit more, and I'v got the -w option working.
            Guess I don't understand what the options tab is for?

            If I set the -w option in the tab, nothing happens to the project
            already loaded. But, If I right click on the node and set the options
            via the ppopup window the options take.

            So, what's the options tab for or how shoudl I use it?

            Regards,

            Robert
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
              On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 7:35, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

              > Version 1.0 is now out in the open... :-)
              > http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI

              Congratulations! Now for the inclusion of EXIFtool to copy EXIF data
              to the result image and align_image_stack to align handheld shots
              like in my droplets ;-)

              best regards
            • Ingemar Bergmark
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > Congratulations!

                Thanks!!

                > Now for the inclusion of EXIFtool to copy EXIF data
                > to the result image and align_image_stack to align handheld shots
                > like in my droplets ;-)

                A software developers work is never done... -=sigh=-
                :-D

                It's on the To-Do list... :-)

                / Ingemar
              • Eduardo Hutter
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                  Congratulations and above all, THANKS!

                  Eduardo

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert_harshman" <image360@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > Am I missing somethig in how to use it?
                    > >

                    > OK, I've played around a bit more, and I'v got the -w option working.
                    > Guess I don't understand what the options tab is for?
                    >
                    > If I set the -w option in the tab, nothing happens to the project
                    > already loaded. But, If I right click on the node and set the options
                    > via the ppopup window the options take.
                    >
                    > So, what's the options tab for or how shoudl I use it?

                    The Options tab is more like a template for settings you want to apply
                    to image sets *before* dragging them into the list.
                    The reason for this behaviour is for batch processing. It makes it
                    possible to have multiple image sets in the list with different
                    settings for each set...
                    First set the settings, then add the images. Repeat for each set.

                    / Ingemar
                    http://panoramas.bergmark.com
                  • Klaus Hilsenbeck
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                      > "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Hello all!
                      >
                      > Version 1.0 is now out in the open... :-)
                      > http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI

                      Thank you Ingemar !
                      Good piece of work.

                      Just made a few quick test-runs, found strange behaviour here and there:
                      Right-click on enfuse options node -> popup window 'enfuse options' ->
                      'Default' Button seems to do nothing, but erasing values?!
                      Every time I start the Gui, the option tab starts with blank values again.
                      Maybe I did not understand, how to make values 'default' values.
                      BTW: would we nice to have a 'load' and 'save' option here, too. This
                      way I could save complete sets of values.

                      The Enfuse Options Tab shows same behaviour like Robert described before.
                      Well, after reading your response, it's clearer now.

                      Changing Output-Suffix does not affect output name at all.
                      Nothing happens.

                      Would be nice, if the Gui could 'remember' settings
                      (suffix, values, etc) I used last time, so I do not have to change and
                      fill everything again.

                      And, last point, I would like to have a 'open' button to jump directly
                      to the results.
                      Something like:
                      Open with Tif-Viewer - or - open with pano-viewer
                      - or - 'go to output folder', - or - ....

                      > changed: "Make default" moved to the File menu.

                      ??? Don't see it ! There is only one 'Default' button in the options
                      popup-window. Do I miss something?

                      Regards,
                      Klaus Hilsenbeck
                    • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                        Is there any way to set EnfuseGUI to use just one core on a 2-core processor?
                        I could not find it and I would find it very useful. Otherwise, it looks
                        just great, thanks very very much.

                      • mrjimbo
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                          Excuse me??

                          Jim

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Klaus Hilsenbeck" <kh@...> wrote:

                            > Thank you Ingemar !
                            > Good piece of work.
                            >
                            > Just made a few quick test-runs, found strange behaviour here and
                            > there: Right-click on enfuse options node -> popup window 'enfuse
                            > options' -> 'Default' Button seems to do nothing, but erasing
                            > values?!

                            Yes, this was confusing. "Default" meant to reset to default values.
                            I've changed the text on the button to read "Reset" now.

                            > BTW: would we nice to have a 'load' and 'save' option here, too.
                            > This way I could save complete sets of values.

                            Hmmm... I'll see what I can do about this.

                            > Changing Output-Suffix does not affect output name at all.
                            > Nothing happens.
                            > Would be nice, if the Gui could 'remember' settings
                            > (suffix, values, etc) I used last time, so I do not have to change
                            > and fill everything again.

                            It can. After setting your default values in the "Enfuse Options"
                            tab, and setting your suffix/blend count etc, choose "Make settings
                            default" from the *File menu*.

                            > And, last point, I would like to have a 'open' button to jump
                            > directly to the results.
                            > Something like:
                            > Open with Tif-Viewer - or - open with pano-viewer
                            > - or - 'go to output folder', - or - ....

                            I think that the best way for me to do this is to add an "Open
                            result" option on the context menu...

                            Regards,
                            Ingemar
                            http://panoramas.bergmark.com