Re: Matchsticks for everyone ?

  • Geoff Mather
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
      I'm afraid not Pat, the contractors cleaning up the beaches have
      barricaded off a very long length of the Promenade and the Pier itself
      has been closed for inspection after all the pounding it received
      overnight. The only way to get close is to approach from the sea side
      during low tide <http://tinyurl.com/2knco2> which is before dawn or
      after dusk at present :-(
      Once the Pier is opened again and provided they haven't moved to much
      of the wood away from the Pier then I might be in luck!

      There are still several large "rafts" out at sea which haven't landed
      yet and another 6000 tons (75% of the cargo) in the holds of the
      sunken ship but they don't expect (or want) them to get loose! So
      there is a small possibility that there will be more to come - the
      suggestion is that the local Council should have the beaches decked
      with the timber :-)

      Geoff