Sunex Superfisheye

  • panong_jl
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
      Colleagues,
      Here are 2 panos using the new Sunex 'superfisheye' 185 deg lens & a 3 x rotator with a
      D200.

      http://www.john-law.org.uk/greenpark/

      The 3 Raw images have been converted to tiff & auto-stitched in PTGui. No adjustments in
      the pano editor or changes to the equirects. If you check the zenith you will see that one has
      a small misalignment while the other seems pretty good.

      The raw images are being made available for our friend Michel Thoby's eagle eye.
      We await his comments with interest! Anyone else wishing to try them please contact me off
      list.

      bw

      John Law

      ps I have no commercial links with Sunex
    • Andrey Ilyin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
        Not bad at all.

        Is it possible to get acces to the RAW files?
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
          simply... some shots of you, and of the lens for theFishList.
          ;-)

          panong_jl ha scritto:

          > Colleagues,
          > Here are 2 panos using the new Sunex 'superfisheye' 185 deg lens & a 3
          > x rotator with a
          > D200.
          >
          > http://www.john-law.org.uk/greenpark/
          > <http://www.john-law.org.uk/greenpark/>
          >
          > The 3 Raw images have been converted to tiff & auto-stitched in PTGui.
          > No adjustments in
          > the pano editor or changes to the equirects. If you check the zenith
          > you will see that one has
          > a small misalignment while the other seems pretty good.
          >
          > The raw images are being made available for our friend Michel Thoby's
          > eagle eye.
          > We await his comments with interest! Anyone else wishing to try them
          > please contact me off
          > list.
          >
          > bw
          >
          > John Law
          >
          > ps I have no commercial links with Sunex

        • John Houghton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008
            I've stitched the second set of images from the RAW originals kindly
            supplied by John, to see if the zenith problems could be fixed. I
            corrected chromatic aberration and highlight colour fringes in ACR and
            allowed PTGui Pro to attend to any vignetting and exposure
            differences. The control point generator was non too keen on speading
            the control points out to the top of the roof, so several points were
            added there to assist the optimizer.

            Optimizer report: Av. 0.75; Max 1.8.
            FOV: 185.8
            Equirectangular size: 4620x2310
            Tile size for QTVR (Pano2VR): 1470

            Finished panorama: http://www.johnhpanos.com/jl2.htm

            It looks quite good.

            John
          • Jeffrey Martin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008
              Let's see a 2-shot with it! :-)

              how much does the lens cost anyway?

              On that note, I'm thinking about the nikkor lens with 220 degree FOV. I
              guess that's a lens that will never be made again, eh? :-(

              Jeffrey

              --
              =========================
              Jeffrey Martin

              tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

              www.prague360.com / www.vrlog.net / www.jeffrey-martin.com

              Re: Sunex Superfisheye
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/16874;_ylc=X3oDMTJzZDBkNTBiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMxNjg3NARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAxMDAwODg2>
              Posted
              by: "John Houghton" j.houghton@...
              <j.houghton@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Sunex%20Superfisheye> panostar
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/panostar> Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:00 am (PST) I've
              stitched the second set of images from the RAW originals kindly
              supplied by John, to see if the zenith problems could be fixed. I
              corrected chromatic aberration and highlight colour fringes in ACR and
              allowed PTGui Pro to attend to any vignetting and exposure
              differences. The control point generator was non too keen on speading
              the control points out to the top of the roof, so several points were
              added there to assist the optimizer.

              Optimizer report: Av. 0.75; Max 1.8.
              FOV: 185.8
              Equirectangular size: 4620x2310
              Tile size for QTVR (Pano2VR): 1470

              Finished panorama: http://www.johnhpanos.com/jl2.htm

              It looks quite good.

              John

            • Juergen Schrader
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008
                >On that note, I'm thinking about the nikkor lens with 220 degree
                >FOV. I guess that's a lens that will never be made again, eh? :-(

                Unlikely.
                But didn't Luca want to sell his?
                So you might get on him befor he has completed his mushroom cure *gg*

                cu
                juergen

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
                wrote:

                > Let's see a 2-shot with it! :-)
                >
                > how much does the lens cost anyway?
                >
                > On that note, I'm thinking about the nikkor lens with 220 degree
                FOV. I
                > guess that's a lens that will never be made again, eh? :-(
                >

                > Jeffrey
                >
                > --
                > =========================
                > Jeffrey Martin
                > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
                > Terronska 49, 160 00 Prague 6, Czech Republic
                > 4 Main St, Suite 60a, Los Altos CA 94022, USA
                >
                > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
                >
                > www.prague360.com / www.vrlog.net / www.jeffrey-martin.com
                >

                > Re: Sunex Superfisheye
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/
                16874;_ylc=X3oDMTJzZDBkNTBiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMxNjg3NARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAxMDAwODg2>
                > Posted
                > by: "John Houghton" j.houghton@...
                > <j.houghton@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Sunex%20Superfisheye> panostar
                > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/panostar> Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:00 am
                (PST) I've
                > stitched the second set of images from the RAW originals kindly
                > supplied by John, to see if the zenith problems could be fixed. I
                > corrected chromatic aberration and highlight colour fringes in ACR
                and
                > allowed PTGui Pro to attend to any vignetting and exposure
                > differences. The control point generator was non too keen on
                speading
                > the control points out to the top of the roof, so several points
                were
                > added there to assist the optimizer.
                >
                > Optimizer report: Av. 0.75; Max 1.8.
                > FOV: 185.8
                > Equirectangular size: 4620x2310
                > Tile size for QTVR (Pano2VR): 1470
                >
                > Finished panorama: http://www.johnhpanos.com/jl2.htm
                >
                > It looks quite good.
                >
                > John

              • michel thoby
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008
                  Le 22 janv. 08 à 10:00, John Houghton a écrit :

                  > I've stitched the second set of images from the RAW originals kindly
                  > supplied by John, to see if the zenith problems could be fixed.
                  > It looks quite good.

                  I have observed exactly the same as John Houghton has reported
                  earlier when experimenting with new images that were kindly provided
                  by John Law.

                  Additionally I wrote a short report from the experiments that I had
                  done before and that I continued with the new sets of images:
                  http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Sunex_SuperFisheye/Test_report.html

                  Regards,

                  Michel