Matt Nolan the Arctic Panographer in the BBC

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2008
      http://www.vrlog.net/2008/01/matt-nolan-and-mccall-glacier-on-the-bbc/

      Wow!

      :-)

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2008
        Wow squared! Great panorama country. The glacier may be shrinking but it
        obviously has a good few more years to go! HUGE!!

        Roger W.

        On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:33:20 +0900, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>
        wrote:

        > http://www.vrlog.net/2008/01/matt-nolan-and-mccall-glacier-on-the-bbc/
        >
        > Wow!
        >
        > :-)

        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      • matt_nolan_uaf
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2008
          Jeffrey,

          Thanks for the plug!

          Also thanks to Milko Amorth and Pat Swovelin for their patient help
          with stitching, photoshop, etc...

          I also encourage feedback on any of these images, especially about
          systematic errors that may be common to many. I have another 300 to
          go, so there's plenty of opportunity for improvement...

          Cheers,
          Matt

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
          wrote:

          > http://www.vrlog.net/2008/01/matt-nolan-and-mccall-glacier-on-the-bbc/
          >
          > Wow!
          >
          > :-)

        • johncharlesriley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2008
            Hi Matt,

            Beautiful pano! I can hardly wait to see the rest of the panos. I really like the photo in the
            BBC article where you have your young son in a pack on your back; his childhood must
            certainly be more interesting than most.

            The deep blue color of the sky and lack of glare on the ice make me wonder if you used
            some kind of polarization filter? I know that could cause problems with uniformity in the
            stitched image, but it just has that look.

            John