16-Bit workflow for assembling cube-faces into equirectangular?

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2008
      DOSUP utils properly converts an equirectangular 16-Bit TIF image into
      16-Bit cube faces. The reverse batch file seems to create unreadable
      files ... not to mention the fact that, for moderately large panos
      (10,000 x 5,000 or larger), it takes forever to produce an unreadable
      file.

      Pano2VR will recombine the cubefaces, but the result of inputing
      16-Bit cubes is an 8-Bit equirectangular. Unless I'm missing a simple
      switch somewhere, I can't recombine without downgrading the bit-depth
      of the file.

      Any other alternatives? I suspect using PTStitcher will work, but
      hadn't had a chance to try that as I've been so busy else-wise (will
      try Erik's template/batch as soon as possible.)

      Thanks in advance.

      Victor