Re: sealing a lens onto the camera - is silicone the best?

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 14, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
      wrote:

      > What would be the best substance to use? silicone, like the kind
      >used in bathroom construction? I don't really want
      > to glue the lens on ;).

      Hi Jeffrey,

      please be aware that the cilicone used to seal batroom fittings
      contains acethic acid, hence the vinegary smell, which the vapours of
      it while it is curing may affect the sensor, also it is the next best
      thing of gluing it to the camera. May I suggest using electrical
      insulating tape instead.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo