Enfuse GUI (with multi-core support)

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 13, 2008
      Hello all!

      I've written an application for batch blending images with enfuse.
      The main features are;
      -----------------------------

      Multi-Core Support.
      If you have a multi-core processor, each core will process 1 enfuse-
      session simultaniously.

      Drag-and Drop.
      Just drag and drop files or directories. Blending Count can be set
      individually.

      No messy "black screens".
      Each enfuse process will start in the background without a command
      window pop-up. All messages from the processes can still be viewed
      in the Console and Error tabs.

      -----------------------------

      The application requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, which will
      automatically be installed if it's not on your system.

      NOTE: This application is still in beta, so comments/suggestions are
      welcome.

      You can install the application from here;
      http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI

      Hope you find this useful :-)
      Regards,
      Ingemar Bergmark
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
        uh?
        I can't download it...

        Ingemar Bergmark ha scritto:

        > Hello all!
        >
        > I've written an application for batch blending images with enfuse.
        > The main features are;
        > -----------------------------
        >
        > Multi-Core Support.
        > If you have a multi-core processor, each core will process 1 enfuse-
        > session simultaniously.
        >
        > Drag-and Drop.
        > Just drag and drop files or directories. Blending Count can be set
        > individually.
        >
        > No messy "black screens".
        > Each enfuse process will start in the background without a command
        > window pop-up. All messages from the processes can still be viewed
        > in the Console and Error tabs.
        >
        > -----------------------------
        >
        > The application requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, which will
        > automatically be installed if it's not on your system.
        >
        > NOTE: This application is still in beta, so comments/suggestions are
        > welcome.
        >
        > You can install the application from here;
        > http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI
        > <http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI>
        >
        > Hope you find this useful :-)
        > Regards,
        > Ingemar Bergmark
        > http://panoramas.bergmark.com <http://panoramas.bergmark.com>

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
          Luca, you may try the install button.
          At least this helped for me since I only had Framework 2.0 running.

          Cheers
          Juergen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...>
          wrote:

          > uh?
          > I can't download it...
          >

          > Ingemar Bergmark ha scritto:
          > >
          > > Hello all!
          > >
          > > I've written an application for batch blending images with enfuse.
          > > The main features are;
          > > -----------------------------
          > >
          > > Multi-Core Support.
          > > If you have a multi-core processor, each core will process 1
          enfuse-
          > > session simultaniously.
          > >
          > > Drag-and Drop.
          > > Just drag and drop files or directories. Blending Count can be set
          > > individually.
          > >
          > > No messy "black screens".
          > > Each enfuse process will start in the background without a command
          > > window pop-up. All messages from the processes can still be viewed
          > > in the Console and Error tabs.
          > >
          > > -----------------------------
          > >
          > > The application requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, which
          will
          > > automatically be installed if it's not on your system.
          > >
          > > NOTE: This application is still in beta, so comments/suggestions
          are
          > > welcome.
          > >
          > > You can install the application from here;
          > > http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI
          > > <http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI>
          > >
          > > Hope you find this useful :-)
          > > Regards,
          > > Ingemar Bergmark
          > > http://panoramas.bergmark.com <http://panoramas.bergmark.com>

        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
            On 1/14/2008 1:12 AM, Juergen Schrader's hamster got loose on the
            keyboard and typed ...:
            > Luca, you may try the install button.
            > At least this helped for me since I only had Framework 2.0 running.

            For me the install failed after the restart. The install log was sent
            to Ingemar and hopefully it'll help (me if I screwed up or others if
            it's a bug).

            > Cheers
            > Juergen

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

              > On 1/14/2008 1:12 AM, Juergen Schrader's hamster got loose on the
              > keyboard and typed ...:
              > > Luca, you may try the install button.
              > > At least this helped for me since I only had Framework 2.0 running.
              >
              > For me the install failed after the restart. The install log was sent
              > to Ingemar and hopefully it'll help (me if I screwed up or others if
              > it's a bug).

              Same here.
              But I am not a normal Windows user so I managed to do it manually.

              Hans
            • Andrei Zdetovetchi
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                Hi,

                The application worked great for me. First I tried to launch it with Firefox and when I saw the xml page, I switched to Internet Explorer. Then it said something about my .NET framework version, so I downloaded the setup.exe, launched it, installed .NET v3.5 and reboot.
                Then launched again the GUI from IE, and it installed and started without problems. Set up the path to enfuse and did a quick test. All went well.
                Now, I have a suggestion. On the Enfuse tab, there is an input box for additional options. I'm wondering if you could set up an interface made of checkboxes, radiobuttons, input boxes, sliders, etc... that could help to set up those options. Obviously, the interface should be based on the options that could be set up for enfuse, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to click on a check box, instead of typing "-w" to blend across -180/+180 boundary, for example.

                Question. If I change the blend count, shouldn't the enfuse nodes to be updated automatically? I also with to be able to select a node and specify the blend count only for that node (maybe even selecting multiple nodes and doing the same).

                This is a great tool! :) I hope my suggestions would improve it further... ;)

                Best regards,
                Andrei Zdetovetchi

                Muza pierduta - http://zdeto.wordpress.com/
                the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
                flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto/
                ---

                ------------ --------- --------

[...]

                __.

              • Ingemar Bergmark
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                  It looks like that the problems occur if the .NET framework wasn't
                  already installed before the installation of EnfuseGUI...

                  I was able to reproduce the same error on one of my machines which
                  didn't have the 3.5 Framework, although it's worked fine for 3 other
                  PC's. It seems like this so-called "Click-Once" deployment is a bit
                  unstable...sigh...

                  My recommendation is;
                  Make sure that the 3.5 Framework is installed before attempting to
                  install EnfuseGUI.
                  http://tinyurl.com/2jytnj

                  If you've already had problems;
                  - Uninstall EnfuseGUI
                  - Make sure the .NET 3.5 Framework is installed
                  - Install EnfuseGUI

                  Hope this helps...

                  Regards.
                  Ingemar
                  http://panoramas.bergmark.com
                • michel thoby
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                    Le 14 janv. 08 à 08:41, Ingemar Bergmark a écrit :

                    > You can install the application from here;
                    > http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI
                    >
                    > Hope you find this useful :-)
                    > Regards,
                    > Ingemar Bergmark

                    After a -lengthy- download/install of .NET framework 3.5 and reboot,
                    the EnfuseGUI installation has been a breeze on my Windows Vista
                    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 desktop computer.

                    EnfuseGUI opened perfectly. I was able to load the images with no
                    problem. But unfortunately the run was stopped quite shortly after
                    the launch.
                    Trying a second different case had the same outcome:-(

                    Another hiccup: when launching the GUI for a new run, the path to
                    enfuse.exe and options selection are blank and I have to enter those
                    again.

                    As I can successfully reverse to using Erik's droplet with success,
                    IMHO Enfuse.exe itself cannot be the cause of the failure...

                    Regards,

                    Michel

                  • Andrei Zdetovetchi
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                      I guess it's normal that the path to enfuse is empty at first. So it won't work if the path isn't specified.
                      In my case the path is remembered, I just relaunched the GUI and the path is there. I have XP SP2, not Vista...

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, michel thoby <thobymichel@...>
                        wrote:

                        > EnfuseGUI opened perfectly. I was able to load the images with no
                        > problem. But unfortunately the run was stopped quite shortly after
                        > the launch.

                        Hmmm...
                        It might be due to something with Vista. Unfortunately I don't have a
                        Vista machine here, but I'll try to get access to one and test it.

                        My development PC is running XP with SP3-RC1.

                        All settings (path/options etc) should automatically be saved.

                        / Ingemar
                      • Ricardo Araujo
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                          I had some issues during the installation, but after that, it works
                          fine, very fine and fast, very, very fast.
                          Usefull tool.
                          Thank you very much.

                          acessar o site <http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>

                          Ingemar Bergmark escreveu:

                          > It looks like that the problems occur if the .NET framework wasn't
                          > already installed before the installation of EnfuseGUI...
                          >
                          > I was able to reproduce the same error on one of my machines which
                          > didn't have the 3.5 Framework, although it's worked fine for 3 other
                          > PC's. It seems like this so-called "Click-Once" deployment is a bit
                          > unstable...sigh...
                          >
                          > My recommendation is;
                          > Make sure that the 3.5 Framework is installed before attempting to
                          > install EnfuseGUI.
                          > http://tinyurl.com/2jytnj <http://tinyurl.com/2jytnj>
                          >
                          > If you've already had problems;
                          > - Uninstall EnfuseGUI
                          > - Make sure the .NET 3.5 Framework is installed
                          > - Install EnfuseGUI
                          >
                          > Hope this helps...
                          >
                          > Regards.
                          > Ingemar
                          > http://panoramas.bergmark.com <http://panoramas.bergmark.com>

                        • Klaus Hilsenbeck
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                            > "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > It looks like that the problems occur if the .NET framework wasn't
                            > already installed before the installation of EnfuseGUI...
                            > My recommendation is;
                            > Make sure that the 3.5 Framework is installed before attempting to
                            > install EnfuseGUI.
                            > Regards.
                            > Ingemar

                            Hi Ingemark,
                            why is your EnfuseGUI based on .NET 3.5 ?
                            Why not on the more common 2.0 ?
                            I'm tired to install large prog packages
                            (Frameworks like .NET 3.5 or Adobe AIR e.g.)
                            each time I want to try a new prog./app.
                            Sorry, I'm curious about your GUI,
                            but will not be able to test it.

                            Regards,
                            Klaus Hilsenbeck
                            [http://www.panocanarias.com]
                          • Ingemar Bergmark
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrei Zdetovetchi <zdeto@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > Now, I have a suggestion. On the Enfuse tab, there is an input box
                              > for additional options. I'm wondering if you could set up an
                              > interface made of checkboxes, radiobuttons, input boxes, sliders,
                              > etc... that could help to set up those options. Obviously, the
                              > interface should be based on the options that could be set up for
                              > enfuse, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to
                              > click on a check box, instead of typing "-w" to blend across -
                              > 180/+180 boundary, for example.

                              Yep... It's on the to-do list!

                              > Question. If I change the blend count, shouldn't the enfuse nodes
                              > to be updated automatically? I also with to be able to select a
                              > node and specify the blend count only for that node (maybe even
                              > selecting multiple nodes and doing the same).

                              The way it works is that the blend count is specified before dragging
                              and dropping. So if you have one directory with brackets of 3 and
                              another with brackets of 5, you first set the blend count to 3 and
                              drag that directory, then change the blend count to 5 and drag the
                              other...

                              > This is a great tool! :) I hope my suggestions would improve it
                              further... ;)

                              Thanks!
                              The more suggestions the better :-)

                              Regards,
                              Ingemar
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008

                                > Hi Ingemark,
                                > why is your EnfuseGUI based on .NET 3.5 ?
                                > Why not on the more common 2.0 ?

                                I agree that it's a bit of a bummer with all these Framework versions,
                                but I'm developing with Visual Studio 2008, which uses .NET 3.5... Sorry

                                / Ingemar
                                http://panoramas.bergmark.com
                              • Ken Warner
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                  Will this problem affect Windows 2000 users?

                                  I run Windows 2000. What if I can't install .NET 3.5 Framework?

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner@...> wrote:

                                    > Will this problem affect Windows 2000 users?
                                    >
                                    > I run Windows 2000. What if I can't install .NET 3.5 Framework?

                                    Hmmmm. I just checked, and unfortunately .NET 3.5 does not contain
                                    support for Windows 2000 :-(

                                    Support only for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 2003.

                                    / Ingemar
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                      Exactly!

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                        Hi Ingemar,

                                        I have more observations.

                                        There is no Cancel/Stop button. Once I click on "Enfuse it!" there is no turning back other than killing the application.
                                        If the input files are JPG, then the files are enfused also to JPG. But I want to be able to choose the output file format. With Erik's bat file, even if I feed it JPGs, I can output TIFFs. With your application I couldn't figure it out how to change the output file format.
                                        Also your program automatically adds the suffix "_blended" to the images. I guess I should be able to change it, using the "-o" option of enfuse. But I'm not sure how to do that, in the Erik's bat file is something like this:

                                        -o "%~n1_enfused.tif"

                                        So, I don't now how to <<translate>> "%~n1" into your application. Any idea?

                                        Best regards,
                                        Andrei Zdetovetchi

                                        Muza pierduta - http://zdeto.wordpress.com/
                                        the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
                                        flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto/
                                        ---

                                        > Now, I have a suggestion. On the Enfuse tab, there is an input box

                                        > for additional options. I'm wondering if you could set up an

                                        > interface made of checkboxes, radiobuttons, input boxes, sliders,

                                        > etc... that could help to set up those options. Obviously, the

                                        > interface should be based on the options that could be set up for

                                        > enfuse, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to

                                        > click on a check box, instead of typing "-w" to blend across -

                                        > 180/+180 boundary, for example.

                                        Yep... It's on the to-do list!

                                        > Question. If I change the blend count, shouldn't the enfuse nodes

                                        > to be updated automatically? I also with to be able to select a

                                        > node and specify the blend count only for that node (maybe even

                                        > selecting multiple nodes and doing the same).

                                        The way it works is that the blend count is specified before dragging

                                        and dropping. So if you have one directory with brackets of 3 and

                                        another with brackets of 5, you first set the blend count to 3 and

                                        drag that directory, then change the blend count to 5 and drag the

                                        other...

                                        > This is a great tool! :) I hope my suggestions would improve it

                                        further... ;)

                                        Thanks!

                                        The more suggestions the better :-)

                                        Regards,

                                        Ingemar

                                        http://panoramas. bergmark. com

                                      • Michael Greenberg
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                          I too am having problems in WinXP sp2. I installed .net 3.5 after
                                          removing .net 2.x. Then installed. Installation seemed fine BUT, App
                                          checks requirements then that window closes and Nothing starts.

                                          I noticed I have .net service packs installed. They can not be removed
                                          due to other program dependencies.

                                          Any Suggestions?

                                          Mike
                                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...>

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                            wrote:

                                            > Hi Ingemar,
                                            >
                                            > I have more observations.
                                            >
                                            > There is no Cancel/Stop button. Once I click on "Enfuse it!" there
                                            >is no turning back other than killing the application.

                                            Now THAT was a big oversight from me...sorry.
                                            It's now on the to-do list...

                                            > If the input files are JPG, then the files are enfused also to JPG.
                                            > But I want to be able to choose the output file format. With Erik's
                                            > bat file, even if I feed it JPGs, I can output TIFFs. With your
                                            > application I couldn't figure it out how to change the output file
                                            > format.

                                            Currently the output file always matches the input files, but I'll
                                            change that behaviour in the next release so that you can choose
                                            output format.

                                            > Also your program automatically adds the suffix "_blended" to the
                                            > images. I guess I should be able to change it, using the "-o"
                                            > option of enfuse.

                                            It can not be changed, it's "hard-coded". Another thing that I'll
                                            change in the next release.

                                            /Ingemar
                                            http://panoramas.bergmark.com
                                          • Daniel Reetz
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                              Hi Ingemar,

                                              As a datapoint, your software is working beautifully on my system
                                              (Dell Precision M70, XP SP2, Single Intel CPU). Installation was also
                                              easy and trouble-free.

                                              I agree with the others about the suffix and filetype options.

                                              Thanks,
                                              Daniel Reetz

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Greenberg"
                                                > <japan4miami@...> wrote:
                                                >
                                                > I too am having problems in WinXP sp2. I installed .net 3.5 after
                                                > removing .net 2.x. Then installed. Installation seemed fine BUT,
                                                > App checks requirements then that window closes and Nothing starts.

                                                This is a bit strange. When the application starts, it checks for
                                                updates (displays the Checking app requirements box) and then should
                                                start.

                                                I'm not sure why it fails to start in your case. Maybe the installation
                                                did not register the application properly.
                                                Have you tried to uninstall EnfuseGUI, and then install it again?

                                                / Ingemar
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jan 14, 2008
                                                  wrote:

                                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Greenberg"
                                                  > > <japan4miami@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I too am having problems in WinXP sp2. I installed .net 3.5 after
                                                  > > removing .net 2.x. Then installed. Installation seemed fine BUT,
                                                  > > App checks requirements then that window closes and Nothing starts.
                                                  > >

                                                  > This is a bit strange. When the application starts, it checks for
                                                  > updates (displays the Checking app requirements box) and then should
                                                  > start.
                                                  >
                                                  > I'm not sure why it fails to start in your case. Maybe the installation
                                                  > did not register the application properly.
                                                  > Have you tried to uninstall EnfuseGUI, and then install it again?
                                                  >
                                                  > / Ingemar
                                                  > http://panoramas.bergmark.com

                                                  Yes I tried that before writing. How can I verify I have the windows
                                                  installer 3.1? I could not see it anywhere. I assume it comes with
                                                  SP2. Should I take this conversation off the panotools list?
                                                  Mike