Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Sealing a lens onto a camera
- On 14/01/2008, at 7:19 AM, erik leeman wrote:
> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "AYRTON - avi" <avi@...> wrote:We use it here to weather seal cable joints and it works well - but
>> I just worry about, later, how would take it off ...
> This tape has no glue, it self-vulcanizes into a rubber jacket that
> be peeled off with relative ease later. You just have to carefully cut
> a little slit, a beginning, so you can tear off the rest.
(quoted from the guy who uses it):
"it would work very well, but would be horribly messy
and you wouldn't want to get it hot, it will go all over the place.
3M make what is in my opinion, the best of them.
It will remove quite well *IF* you do it at the right temperature,
and *IF* you get the angle right.
- don't try to pull it sideways, it just shears off.
- and too hot, it just goes goey
- too cold and it becomes brittle
- it'll stick to glass like sh!t to a blanket..."
So experiment first.