Re: What's in your Camera Bag Was: sealing a lens onto the camera - is silicone

  • luc.villeneuve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
      I live in Canada and when it's cold... Minus too much... I carry Aloksak bags.

      Aloksak manufactures great airtight plastic bags. Before going back inside, put your gear in
      one or a few bags, remove the air and seal the bag. Then wait until all your stuff is back to
      normal temperature before storing back your gear on the shelves. These bags should avoid
      condensation.

      Also helpful against sands. High humidity can also be a problem so putting your stuff in
      these bags, along with drying agent (dessicant) can give your gear... A good break!

      http://www.watchfuleyedesigns.com/index.cfm?do=list&categoryid=1