High resolution test with the Tokina 12-24

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2008
      I have had a Tokina 12-24 for my Fuji S2 for a good while now.
      Though I have shot a fair number of panos with it at its widest, I
      really hadn't made a serious effort with it set to 24mm. I got an
      extra detent ring with 12 positions from Matt for my 360Precision
      Absolute so that I could do it better. Although I may have had more
      overlap than necessary near the zenith, I shot 2 zeniths at right
      angles, 12 shots each at elevations of +60°, +30°, 0°, -30°, -60° and
      couple of offset nadirs. I may have been able to get away with using
      the other side of the ring that has 10 detents.

      I thought I would share it in Zoomify format in case anyone was
      interested. I know it is far from perfect, but I welcome your feedback.

      View it at: <http://4pi-vr.com/whiteoak/rock.html> Shot at ISO 100,
      f8, 1/180s. Output at 19278 x 9639 16bit, Zoomify tiles at jpeg 6
      quality. I wonder how big I could print that?

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...