Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: sigma 8 mm on ebay

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2008
      On 1/6/2008 3:24 AM, michel thoby's hamster got loose on the keyboard
      and typed ...:
      > Le 6 janv. 08 à 04:52, Pat Swovelin a écrit :
      >
      >> The Canon 350D *is* an APC-C sensor body and the lens *is* designed
      >> for
      >> that sensor size so you can buy it with confidence (knowing that it
      >> *will* fit that camera body). OTOH it won't work if you upgrade to a
      >> fullframe sensor (e.g., the 5D, 10D, etc.).
      >
      > Hi Pat,
      >
      > IMHO this thread may now bewilder the present or future reader as I
      > have been myself got confused. There are inconsistencies between the
      > title and the message content(s) that were probably introduced by
      > successive partial quoting...

      My reply above was in reference to the poster's desire to get the new
      Sigma 4.5mm (the text directly above my quote) which is designed for an
      APS-C sensor.

      > I am however convinced that both could be used when fitted on a FF
      > camera and I bet that somebody shall soon shave the sunshield of the
      > 10 mm model and shall measure the *actual* FOV of both fisheyes ;-)

      And we know who's going to be doing that, don't we? =8^)

      > BTW Pat, aren't you confusing EOS 10D with EOS 1Ds?

      So I left off a wimpy zero and a zero is nothing. So if I missed by
      nothing then it's a direct hit and I'm correct.

      How's that for circular logic? =8^)

      Thanks for the catch.

      > Regards,
      >
      > Michel