Re: [PanoToolsNG] Preventing pinch and skew?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      Sometime around 4/1/08 (at 04:55 +0000) stubish said:

      >I'm wanting to get into some panographies. More along the line
      >of Hockneys works.
      >
      >http://www.flickr.com/groups/panography/pool/ is allot of examples.
      >
      >Now the problems i'm having is that I can't seem to tell PTgui to
      >simply rotate and align the pics, it always wants to skew them or fix
      >the field of view.

      Actually, I did something like that quite a long time ago as a
      creative experiment. I used Photoshop to make the 'unaligned'
      composite image and then processed the image using VRWorx. It is just
      a cylindrical pano - you can still see it here:
      http://homepage.mac.com/thatkeith/Cubism/cubism.html

      Thanks for the link to Flikr panographies, I'd not heard of that as a
      term, although I'd seen some Hockney things before.

      But no, I don't know how to get PTGui to stop being so good! Perhaps
      someone else can suggest things to do, permaybe you'll have to put
      things together manually. This might make equirectangular panos
      rather difficult, but maybe by working onto cube faces and going
      between Photoshop and CubicConverter you could get somewhere
      satisfying?