New Year's eve: will Jook be there?

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi Jook,

      I (and many others, I am sure) hope you will be at the epicenter of
      the Times Square celebrations tonight! I understand that it is the
      100th anniversary of the ball drop, so it should be special. I heard
      that you need to be there by 10 am to be sure to have room, so good
      luck. I am prepared to be dazzled!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007

        > Hi Jook,
        >
        > I (and many others, I am sure) hope you will be at the epicenter of
        > the Times Square celebrations tonight! I understand that it is the
        > 100th anniversary of the ball drop, so it should be special. I heard
        > that you need to be there by 10 am to be sure to have room, so good
        > luck. I am prepared to be dazzled!

        Sorry but Jook will not be there . He is in Beijing. Perhaps a special Chinese one who
        knows but its freezing around 37°F in Beijing so I guess it will not be quite the same
        crowd as in Times Square

        Enjoy all his Times Square on my special 5 year page,
        http://www.panoramas.dk/New-Year/times-square.html

        And please Digg it.
        http://digg.com/arts_culture/5_years_at_Times_Square_2003_07

        Hans
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
          Well, Chinese New Year isn't until Feb. 7, so I guess he won't be
          there long enough for that 8-( Do they celebrate the western
          calendar new year as well?

          Any other NYC panographers planning to pick up the slack?

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...