Re: [PanoToolsNG] What is best sound recorder for VR

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
      Luca I have to disagree with you. The build quality and audio quality
      of the Micro Track is superior to either of the Zooms. Yes the
      downside is the battery but in bang for the buck the MicroTrack wins
      in my opinion. I solved the battery issue by getting an iPod ext
      battery which has several cables to adapt to the iPod or any device
      that has USB ports. It's about the size of the MT but thinner. I
      talked to quite a few people about pocket recorders and most hated
      the zooms electronics and build quality. I looked around for 3 months
      and did a lot of research. My first pick would have been the $1800
      sony solid state recorder but my budget wouldn't take that so the
      MicroTrack won. Sony and Marantz just came out with some competing
      micro recorders but they are still pricey at $500 and $400
      respectively but truly pro devices and very well built.

      Just my .02 USD and late to the conversation at that!

      On Dec 22, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Luca Vascon wrote:

      > defenitely NOT. Proprietary battery, built in, and lacks a lot of
      > little things...
      > Built in batteries are a definite no-no in audio recording devices,
      > thermical shocks etc. are shortening their life FAST. And you should
      > always have with you an external battery pack AND more batteries
      > for it?
      > Maudio is the one not to buy.
      > ;-)
      >
      > Andre Witkam ha scritto: