RE: [PanoToolsNG] Head tracking with wiimote for VR display.

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2007
      That's an amazing find Jim,

      I guess you could use the wii remote to do a flex/promixity pan/tilt, as it
      nears the edges and use the base for a minor effect of fov adjustment.

      I wonder if you could take 4 sphericals using the normal eye offset at n, s,
      e, w and use interpolation using that software for a full 3d immersive
      effect.

      Well, I know you could, but that'd be some serious development.

      Or maybe, not to pull the correct frames two of 4 sphericals.. and
      interpolate the correct perspective and do it quick enough for 30 frames a
      second.

      4 sphericals with a full frame wouldn't be a big deal. But, it would be
      stereo only on pan, unless you add more views for tilt

      Sacha Griffin
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      _____

      /> .com/2007/12/21/wiimote-head-tracking-desktop-vr-display/

      --
      Jim Watters

      Yahoo ID: j1vvy ymsgr:sendIM?j1vvy
      jwatters @ photocreations . ca