Sigma lens + Nikon D40 question

  • Rayburn Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2007
      Okay, I know I am a newbie, but can't believe I can't read auction
      descriptions. I just purchased a Sigma mini-wide 1:28 f=28mm lens for a
      Canon. I have a Nikon D40. Of course when I received it today it does
      not fit my camera.

      My question is; "Is there a way to salvage using this Canon lens on my
      Nikon"? I know the answer is probably going to be no, but I have to ask
      anyway. Red faced as I am. :-[

      Rayburn

      --
      TAYLOR's BOOK PAGE
      http://taylorsbookpage.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rayburn Taylor <bookpage@...> wrote:

        > "Is there a way to salvage using this Canon lens on my Nikon"?

        No. The distance between the lens flange and the sensor is shorter on
        a Canon camera than on a Nikon. It's therefore possible to fit an
        adapter to a Canon camera to locate a Nikon lens at the right distance
        from the sensor but not vice versa.

        John
      • Rayburn Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2007
          John Houghton wrote:
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rayburn Taylor <bookpage@...> wrote:
          >
          >> "Is there a way to salvage using this Canon lens on my Nikon"?
          >>

          > No. The distance between the lens flange and the sensor is shorter on
          > a Canon camera than on a Nikon. It's therefore possible to fit an
          > adapter to a Canon camera to locate a Nikon lens at the right distance
          > from the sensor but not vice versa.
          >
          > John

          Thank you, John. I was afraid that was the answer I was going to
          get.Well, back to eBay only this time to sell.

          Rayburn

          --
          TAYLOR's BOOK PAGE
          http://taylorsbookpage.com