Enfuse Test

  • Ingemar Bergmark
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2007
      Well, I have to say that I'm impressed.

      I tested enfuse with a bracketed set of input panos, and the results
      are far better than I expected.
      OK, it's not perfect yet, but I guess after getting to know the ins-and-
      outs of enfuse, it will be a keeper...

      Result with 3 bracketed input panos;
      http://bergmark.com/misc/enfused.jpg

      If you want to, you can download my images (full resolution 6000x3000)
      and test enfuse yourself (download size 5.4MB).
      http://bergmark.com/misc/enfuse_test.zip

      Regards,
      Ingemar Bergmark
      http://panoramas.bergmark.com
    • Carel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2007
        And here is another test. Better results may be had with more tweaking of the
        parameters. This was just using enfuse with Erik's batch file. My main
        observation is that without tweaked parameters, I seem to be able to get
        some more detail out of the shadows with FDRTools. I was able to fix the
        "ghosting" lady in FDRTools with the use of the "separation" method, but for
        the enfuse test I could have fixed this with some masking.
        FDRTools is giving too much local contrast on the walls, but the ladies seem
        to pop out from the background better in the FDRTools version.
        http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/media/sf_reception_enfuse.mov
        http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/media/sf_reception.mov this is the
        FDRTools version.
        Enfuse seems to have some amazing potential. Pure pixel magic and the focus
        stack example is awesome.

        Carel Struycken