New images shot with Sunex fisheye

  • michel thoby
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
      Sunex have recently posted some better images samples from their
      5.6 mm fisheye.
      One can now play with a pair of these images to simulate what
      stackanovist panographers for Real Estate probably shall do in
      producing dozens of quickly made panos per day. One shall not need a
      fisheye converter on a P &S camera anymore for that....
      http://www.superfisheye.com

      So I have tested PTGui Vs two other "special double shot" stitching
      software with this pair of Sunex hemispherical "real" images:
      I have verified that PTGui doesn't find any CP with that pair while
      the others S/W work on automatic mode and very well and fast.
      Moreover the quality of the output panorama from PTGui is marginally
      the best amongst all when using manual mode.
      This confirms somehow the "virtual test" that I did a year ago with
      older versions of the three SW:
      http://tinyurl.com/3bcwb8

      Regards,

      Michel
    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
        On Dec 11, 2007, at 7:19 PM, michel thoby wrote:

        > One can now play with a pair of these images to simulate what
        > stackanovist panographers for Real Estate probably shall do in
        > producing dozens of quickly made panos per day.

        Did you mean Stakhanovist? I had to look that one up; my USSR
        history is a little rusty 8-)

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        jriley@...