MPRemap 0.2

  • Helmut Dersch
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2007
      MPremap now includes a Windows binary, GUI-frontend and
      a set of 4 tutorial examples:

      o remap video made with fisheye lens to cylindrical or rectilinear
      projection.

      o perspective correction and distortion correction of video images.

      o movies from static panoramic images. Includes motionblur
      and smooth start/stop for realistic viewing experience.

      o create a grid of equally spaced prerendered views from a
      static panoramic image for use in object-viewer.

      MPRemap is distributed including sources for use under the terms
      of the GNU-license. Download from
      <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html>

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2007
        Please, equirectangular too... PLEASEEE!
        :-DD

        Helmut Dersch ha scritto:

        > MPremap now includes a Windows binary, GUI-frontend and
        > a set of 4 tutorial examples:
        >
        > o remap video made with fisheye lens to cylindrical or rectilinear
        > projection.
        >
        > o perspective correction and distortion correction of video images.
        >
        > o movies from static panoramic images. Includes motionblur
        > and smooth start/stop for realistic viewing experience.
        >
        > o create a grid of equally spaced prerendered views from a
        > static panoramic image for use in object-viewer.
        >
        > MPRemap is distributed including sources for use under the terms
        > of the GNU-license. Download from
        > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html
        > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html>>
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Helmut Dersch

      • Milko K. Amorth
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2007
          Dear Helmut,

          Merry Christmas to you too!
          Thank you very much, in deed. This is generous and great of you.

          Now, the only I need to get for myself this Christmas is a decent
          fisheye for the video cam... i have tried 2 sofar and they dont do the
          cam justice at all.
          The TCA i get is just like another color channel..that bad.

          Holiday greetings.

          Cheers, Milko
        • Helmut Dersch
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2007
            All projections of PanoTools are supported. Actually one more:
            fisheye-equisolid: which fits the Nikon FC-E8 better than the
            "usual" fisheye-equidistant. Just modify the tutorial examplescript
            fisheye->cylinder to target format f2 to get equirectangular.

            Regards

            Helmut Dersch

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

            > Please, equirectangular too... PLEASEEE!
            > :-DD
            >
            > Helmut Dersch ha scritto:
            > >
            > > MPremap now includes a Windows binary, GUI-frontend and
            > > a set of 4 tutorial examples:
            > >
            > > o remap video made with fisheye lens to cylindrical or rectilinear
            > > projection.
            > >
            > > o perspective correction and distortion correction of video images.
            > >
            > > o movies from static panoramic images. Includes motionblur
            > > and smooth start/stop for realistic viewing experience.
            > >
            > > o create a grid of equally spaced prerendered views from a
            > > static panoramic image for use in object-viewer.
            > >
            > > MPRemap is distributed including sources for use under the terms
            > > of the GNU-license. Download from
            > > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html
            > > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html>>
            > >
            > > Regards
            > >
            > > Helmut Dersch

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2007
              THANK YOU!!!
              such a compact script...
              I hope we will meet again in Prague next summer, and I hope to have the
              time, during these vacations, to setup my panovideo things.
              As soon I'll do I'll need your help to make things work...
              :-)
              Hear you soon!
              Luca.

              Helmut Dersch ha scritto:

              > All projections of PanoTools are supported. Actually one more:
              > fisheye-equisolid: which fits the Nikon FC-E8 better than the
              > "usual" fisheye-equidistant. Just modify the tutorial examplescript
              > fisheye->cylinder to target format f2 to get equirectangular.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Helmut Dersch
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Luca Vascon
              > <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Please, equirectangular too... PLEASEEE!
              > > :-DD
              > >
              > > Helmut Dersch ha scritto:
              > > >
              > > > MPremap now includes a Windows binary, GUI-frontend and
              > > > a set of 4 tutorial examples:
              > > >
              > > > o remap video made with fisheye lens to cylindrical or rectilinear
              > > > projection.
              > > >
              > > > o perspective correction and distortion correction of video images.
              > > >
              > > > o movies from static panoramic images. Includes motionblur
              > > > and smooth start/stop for realistic viewing experience.
              > > >
              > > > o create a grid of equally spaced prerendered views from a
              > > > static panoramic image for use in object-viewer.
              > > >
              > > > MPRemap is distributed including sources for use under the terms
              > > > of the GNU-license. Download from
              > > > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html
              > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html>
              > > > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html
              > <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html>>>
              > > >
              > > > Regards
              > > >
              > > > Helmut Dersch

            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
                On 9 Dec 2007 at 10:19, Milko K. Amorth wrote:

                > Dear Helmut,
                >
                > Merry Christmas to you too!
                > Thank you very much, in deed. This is generous and great of you.
                >
                > Now, the only I need to get for myself this Christmas is a decent
                > fisheye for the video cam... i have tried 2 sofar and they dont do the
                > cam justice at all.
                > The TCA i get is just like another color channel..that bad.

                Great news indeed :)

                In my case I now need to get a new video camera to replace the one that my ex-wife drove
                over after my son left it on the car roof!
                Hopefully I can use the Raynox DCR-CF185PRO fisheye on a videocam too, with the correct
                rings? Most seems to have 37mm?
                Should I go for a 3-CCD-camcorder to minimize the TCA?

              • Helmut Dersch
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
                  The Nikon FC-E8/9 are suitable in many cases
                  and (I guess) better than most other adapter
                  solutions. The FC-E8 has a 28mm standard filter thread
                  and directly fits my Canon MV850i. I also use it
                  with my threadless Canon Powershot TX1 using
                  this adapter:
                  <http://www.astroshop.de/teleskope/zubehoer/astrofotografie/adapter/universeller-digitalkamera-adapter>

                  Regards

                  Helmut Dersch

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                  > On 9 Dec 2007 at 10:19, Milko K. Amorth wrote:
                  >
                  > > Dear Helmut,
                  > >
                  > > Merry Christmas to you too!
                  > > Thank you very much, in deed. This is generous and great of you.
                  > >
                  > > Now, the only I need to get for myself this Christmas is a decent
                  > > fisheye for the video cam... i have tried 2 sofar and they dont do
                  the
                  > > cam justice at all.
                  > > The TCA i get is just like another color channel..that bad.
                  >
                  > Great news indeed :)
                  >
                  > In my case I now need to get a new video camera to replace the one
                  that my ex-wife drove
                  > over after my son left it on the car roof!
                  > Hopefully I can use the Raynox DCR-CF185PRO fisheye on a videocam
                  too, with the correct
                  > rings? Most seems to have 37mm?
                  > Should I go for a 3-CCD-camcorder to minimize the TCA?
                  >
                  > --
                  > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
                    On 13 Dec 2007 at 16:34, Helmut Dersch wrote:

                    > The Nikon FC-E8/9 are suitable in many cases
                    > and (I guess) better than most other adapter
                    > solutions. The FC-E8 has a 28mm standard filter thread
                    > and directly fits my Canon MV850i. I also use it
                    > with my threadless Canon Powershot TX1 using
                    > this adapter:
                    > <http://www.astroshop.de/teleskope/zubehoer/astrofotografie/adapter/universeller-digitalkamera-adapter>

                    Thanks for the tip (very nice camera adapter too).
                    I've never seen the Nikon fisheye converters in real life, and never knew they were that
                    small.
                    Unfortunately my Raynox fisheye seems to be too big for smaller camcorders, and it also
                    weighs more than half a kg. According to Raynox it can only be used on the big
                    pro(sumer?) camcorders, like Sony HDR-FX7, VR-A1 etc.

                    > Regards
                    >
                    > Helmut Dersch
                    >

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On 9 Dec 2007 at 10:19, Milko K. Amorth wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Dear Helmut,
                    > > >
                    > > > Merry Christmas to you too!
                    > > > Thank you very much, in deed. This is generous and great of you.
                    > > >
                    > > > Now, the only I need to get for myself this Christmas is a decent
                    > > > fisheye for the video cam... i have tried 2 sofar and they dont do
                    > the
                    > > > cam justice at all.
                    > > > The TCA i get is just like another color channel..that bad.
                    > >
                    > > Great news indeed :)
                    > >
                    > > In my case I now need to get a new video camera to replace the one
                    > that my ex-wife drove
                    > > over after my son left it on the car roof!
                    > > Hopefully I can use the Raynox DCR-CF185PRO fisheye on a videocam
                    > too, with the correct
                    > > rings? Most seems to have 37mm?
                    > > Should I go for a 3-CCD-camcorder to minimize the TCA?
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                  • krisbulman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 24, 2010
                      I found meanings on the PTStitcherNG page, i assume they are similar.

                      o fprojection wwidth hheight yyaw ppitch rroll vfield-of-view

                      I'd like to get a clear definition of the projection types & their numbers.

                      the PTStitcher site states:
                      "2 means spherical equidistant. The spherical formats 2 and 3 are identical
                      except that the first variant converts a circular region while format 3
                      converts the whole image. The same holds for formats 5 and 10. "

                      If a partial panorama is used, is there a way to define it's
                      characteristics?
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 24, 2010
                        Am 24.06.2010 14:41, schrieb krisbulman:
                        > I'd like to get a clear definition of the projection types& their numbers.

                        The old PTStitcher script syntax on which PTStitcherNG is based is found
                        here: http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

                        More on projections on the wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/Projections

                        The PTStitcherNG documentation is found here:
                        http://tinyurl.com/2582cqt or in the PTStitcherNG download.