Re: Javascript interacting with Quicktime

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Tudor Jenkins" <wontfaildotcom@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > Not strictly a panotools question but I am desperately hoping someone
      > on this group will know the answer...
      >
      > I am currently having a nightmare trying to use setPanAngle() in
      > javascript.
      >
      > When I use it, it tends to set the pano to 0 degrees or it sets it
      > with some large int value (ie 33128)
      >
      > example of code I am using is
      >
      > thePanoAngle = (360 - anObj.GetPanAngle() + 90) % 360;
      > alert('the pano has spun to... ' + thePanoAngle);
      > wevObj.SetPanAngle(thePanoAngle);

      Apple has been forced to disable javascript within movies.
      You will find this message from Eric Carlson if you just search a couple of months at the
      QTVR list:
      The plug-in was a changed in QuickTime 7.1.5 so it will no longer pass
      "javascript:" urls to the browser because of security concerns. See
      http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1520.html and
      http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305149 for more
      information.

      My apologies for any problems this has caused,