Javascript interacting with Quicktime

  • Tudor Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hi there,

      Not strictly a panotools question but I am desperately hoping someone
      on this group will know the answer...

      I am currently having a nightmare trying to use setPanAngle() in
      javascript.

      When I use it, it tends to set the pano to 0 degrees or it sets it
      with some large int value (ie 33128)

      example of code I am using is

      thePanoAngle = (360 - anObj.GetPanAngle() + 90) % 360;
      alert('the pano has spun to... ' + thePanoAngle);
      wevObj.SetPanAngle(thePanoAngle);

      Any help please??

      Thanks
      Tudor
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Tudor Jenkins" <wontfaildotcom@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > Not strictly a panotools question but I am desperately hoping someone
        > on this group will know the answer...
        >
        > I am currently having a nightmare trying to use setPanAngle() in
        > javascript.
        >
        > When I use it, it tends to set the pano to 0 degrees or it sets it
        > with some large int value (ie 33128)
        >
        > example of code I am using is
        >
        > thePanoAngle = (360 - anObj.GetPanAngle() + 90) % 360;
        > alert('the pano has spun to... ' + thePanoAngle);
        > wevObj.SetPanAngle(thePanoAngle);

        Apple has been forced to disable javascript within movies.
        You will find this message from Eric Carlson if you just search a couple of months at the
        QTVR list:
        The plug-in was a changed in QuickTime 7.1.5 so it will no longer pass
        "javascript:" urls to the browser because of security concerns. See
        http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1520.html and
        http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305149 for more
        information.

        My apologies for any problems this has caused,