Computer-guided video drone

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
      I just came accross this link here
      http://www.mdai.de/products/hardware/?id=10 (in German).

      It's a computer-guided video drone for aerial surveillance and photography.
      I wonder when the first panorama is available that was shot with this
      setup... ;-)

      Greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

    • verifone411
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        I dont believe that it is a 360camera on there.

        these have been out for awhile but they are spendy.
        http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-catalog/RC-HELICOPTERS.html

        KieranMullen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthias Taugwalder"
        <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

        > I just came accross this link here
        > http://www.mdai.de/products/hardware/?id=10 (in German).
        >
        > It's a computer-guided video drone for aerial surveillance and
        photography.
        > I wonder when the first panorama is available that was shot with
        this
        > setup... ;-)
        >

        > Greetings from Switzerland,
        >
        > Matthias
        >
        > --
        > Matthias Taugwalder
        > matthias.taugwalder@...

      • Matthias Taugwalder
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
          > I dont believe that it is a 360camera on there.
          > these have been out for awhile but they are spendy.
          > http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-catalog/RC-HELICOPTERS.html

          No, it's not a panoramic camera or lens, the setup is quite identical to
          what is used for shooting kite or RC helicopters panoramas.
          But from the first glimpse the drone seems to be more stable and a RC
          helicopter...

          Matthias

          --
          Matthias Taugwalder
          matthias.taugwalder@...

        • Robert Bilsland
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
            Matthias,

            If you want to make one yourself then have a look here;

            http://www.uavp.de/index.php/de/

            I've been keeping an eye on the project for a while, what they have
            been able to do looks great.

            Bob.

            <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

            > > I dont believe that it is a 360camera on there.
            > > these have been out for awhile but they are spendy.
            > > http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-catalog/RC-HELICOPTERS.html
            >
            > No, it's not a panoramic camera or lens, the setup is quite identical to
            > what is used for shooting kite or RC helicopters panoramas.
            > But from the first glimpse the drone seems to be more stable and a RC
            > helicopter...
            >

            > Matthias
            >
            > --
            > Matthias Taugwalder
            > matthias.taugwalder@...

          • Bernhard Vogl
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
              At the Ars Electronica in Linz, Andreas Steinhauser presented the md4-200 and similar drones:
              http://austria360.at/ooe/linz/ars2007/page-20070908_aec4.html

              See http://www.microdrones.com for the md4-200
              (don't dare to ask for a price of those beasts)

              Best regards
              Bernhard

              -------- Original-Nachricht --------
              > Datum: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:42:44 -0000
              > Von: "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@...>
              > An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Computer-guided video drone

              > Matthias,
              >
              > If you want to make one yourself then have a look here;
              >
              > http://www.uavp.de/index.php/de/
              >
              > I've been keeping an eye on the project for a while, what they have
              > been able to do looks great.
              >
              > Bob.
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthias Taugwalder"
              > <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I dont believe that it is a 360camera on there.
              > > > these have been out for awhile but they are spendy.
              > > > http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-catalog/RC-HELICOPTERS.html
              > >
              > > No, it's not a panoramic camera or lens, the setup is quite identical to
              > > what is used for shooting kite or RC helicopters panoramas.
              > > But from the first glimpse the drone seems to be more stable and a RC
              > > helicopter...
              > >

              > > Matthias
              > >
              > > --
              > > Matthias Taugwalder
              > > matthias.taugwalder@...

            • verifone411
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
                No helicopters... that is just the link.. Maybe you didnt see the link
                I posted?

                I tis the same concept with 4 or so blades.

                KM