Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Download Link: latest enblend for OSX

Expand Messages
  • Hans Nyberg
    ... I just had to try this one http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/lsd-in-the-park.html I call it LSD in the park. Is $10.000 to little for it.? Hans
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "AYRTON - avi" <avi@> wrote:

      > > On 12/2/07, Hans Nyberg <hans@> wrote:
      > > > > Please try it and report back success or failure (with as much detail
      > > > > as possible of the errors if applicable).
      > > > >
      > > > > <http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/hugin/enblend-svn_mac.zip>
      > > >
      > > > Ha Ha, I know it is Christmas soon but I prefer my own Christmas lights.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/merry-enblend.html
      > >
      > > Jesus
      > > what was that ???
      > >
      >
      > Well try it yourself, we might become famous as the new psychedelic VR artists.
      >

      I just had to try this one
      http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/lsd-in-the-park.html

      I call it LSD in the park.

      Is $10.000 to little for it.?

      Hans
    • Bernhard Vogl
      ... Does that mean, you spend $10.000 to the developers of enblend? Best regards Bernhard
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
        > I call it LSD in the park.
        >
        > Is $10.000 to little for it.?
        >
        >
        Does that mean, you spend $10.000 to the developers of enblend?

        Best regards
        Bernhard
      • Hans Nyberg
        ... If you buy it , yes Hans
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > > I call it LSD in the park.
          > >
          > > Is $10.000 to little for it.?
          > >
          > >
          > Does that mean, you spend $10.000 to the developers of enblend?
          >

          If you buy it , yes

          Hans
        • yuval_levy
          ... ... no comments. ... As stated in the intro, the software is for testing purpose
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "yuval_levy" <yahoo06@> wrote:
            > >
            <http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/hugin/enblend-svn_mac.zip>
            >
            > Ha Ha, I know it is Christmas soon but I prefer my own Christmas lights.

            no comments.

            > http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/merry-enblend.html

            As stated in the intro, the software is for testing purpose only.
            Let's try to extract some useful information from this feedback.

            I guess that the colored spots are not present in the input images.
            Can we see the input images somewhere, ideally already warped, exactly
            as fed into enblend?

            In general, although the QTVR displayed fine on my Linux notebook with
            freepv, we prefer feedback to be limited to that part of the workflow
            concerning enblend. The perfect feedback is a flat blended image as
            produced by enblend and a set of input images so that we can try to
            reproduce the unexpected behavior.

            also it would be helpful if you could indicate what system you run
            this on.

            The post-processing into QTVR (and the humor) are not really relevant
            to this thread.

            Thank you
            Yuv
          • Hans Nyberg
            ... Yuv, You need to have some fun. It s Christmas soon. When you get something like this you can only think that this is a joke or the download is corrupt. I
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "yuval_levy" <yahoo06@...> wrote:
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "yuval_levy" <yahoo06@> wrote:
              > > >
              > <http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/hugin/enblend-svn_mac.zip>
              > >
              > > Ha Ha, I know it is Christmas soon but I prefer my own Christmas lights.
              >
              > no comments.
              >
              > > http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/merry-enblend.html
              >
              > As stated in the intro, the software is for testing purpose only.
              > Let's try to extract some useful information from this feedback.
              >
              > I guess that the colored spots are not present in the input images.
              > Can we see the input images somewhere, ideally already warped, exactly
              > as fed into enblend?
              >
              > In general, although the QTVR displayed fine on my Linux notebook with
              > freepv, we prefer feedback to be limited to that part of the workflow
              > concerning enblend. The perfect feedback is a flat blended image as
              > produced by enblend and a set of input images so that we can try to
              > reproduce the unexpected behavior.
              >
              > also it would be helpful if you could indicate what system you run
              > this on.
              >
              > The post-processing into QTVR (and the humor) are not really relevant
              > to this thread.

              Yuv,
              You need to have some fun. It's Christmas soon.

              When you get something like this you can only think that this is a joke or the download is
              corrupt.

              I checked the download 3 times. Files look fine even if the change of the name to Enfuce
              sounds like a joke.

              The first are from a MacBook Pro OS 10.4.11

              Here is a test on my G5. Looks a little different but still more like something made for fun.
              http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/enfuce-test.html

              Have some fun
              Hans
            • Bruno Postle
              ... This is your problem, enblend-3.1 has a new extra tool called enfuse which does HDR merging using multi-resolution splines. I guess this is the result
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                On Sun 02-Dec-2007 at 17:40 -0000, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                > I checked the download 3 times. Files look fine even if the change
                > of the name to Enfuce sounds like a joke.

                This is your problem, enblend-3.1 has a new extra tool called
                'enfuse' which does HDR merging using multi-resolution splines.

                I guess this is the result you get when you stuff it with a 'normal'
                panorama.

                --
                Bruno
              • yuval_levy
                Hans, ... fun is good in a place where misinterpretation and misunderstanding can be cleared up quickly. It is not by mistake that
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                  Hans,

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:
                  > You need to have some fun. It's Christmas soon.

                  fun is good in a place where misinterpretation and misunderstanding
                  can be cleared up quickly. It is not by mistake that
                  <http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Joint_common_ground> states
                  not to rely on fun. Last time I tried to be funny online, in response
                  to what I perceived as being fun, things went almost completely wrong
                  and a flurry of off-list messages followed. Hence I prefer not to
                  comment on "fun on line" and consider it OT.


                  > When you get something like this you can only think that this is a
                  > joke or the download is corrupt.

                  Sure the result is, to say the least, unexpected. Believe it or not,
                  this happens very often in software development. I am currently
                  helping debug a tonemapping operator and the results look worse than a
                  bad LSD trip. I wish I could sell them for 10.000$, they still would
                  not pay the time/effort that developers and testers have put in it.

                  All I tried to do with this thread was to produce useable feedback for
                  the developers. I am not particularly pleased to see it hijacked for
                  fun. The developers are working seriously on this and they take
                  *every* feedback seriously.

                  Imagine how you would feel if they would not take seriously your
                  feedback when you say that something is not working.


                  > I checked the download 3 times. Files look fine even if the change
                  of the name to Enfuce sounds like a joke.

                  Enfuse is not a change of name. It is a new functionality. Automatic
                  Exposure Blending. So far it seems to work well on Linux, but of
                  course this is new, experimental software and requires extensive
                  testing before being sanctioned as "release grade".

                  The bug that you reported has been found and corrected. Ippei has
                  updated
                  <http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/hugin/enblend-svn_mac.zip>
                  and we would appreciate further test results, ideally directly on
                  <http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/> where Ippei has given more
                  detail of what kind of feedback he needs.

                  Note that he is doing this on his "free", unpaid time. Next week is
                  exams week for him. What he does is a service for the community, if it
                  was for him this could wait for long after the exams, and even beyond
                  since IIRC he does not even shoot HDR nor full sphericals (he received
                  is first pano head sponsored by Agnos for his good job on the Google
                  Summer of Code). So when he develops these functionalities he does so
                  for us who use them and we should be thankful and try to give
                  something back.

                  Of course it would be nice if you could sell your artwork for 10.000$
                  and donate a portion of your revenues to the developers of the
                  software, but it is not necessary. You can provide very valuable
                  feedback with your testing. And we can also have fun together, too,
                  when being careful that we indicate that it's fun, and by doing so
                  without damaging serious threads.


                  > The first are from a MacBook Pro OS 10.4.11
                  >
                  > Here is a test on my G5. Looks a little different but still more
                  > like something made for fun.
                  > http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/enfuce-test.html


                  Thank you. Try downloading again and use enblend, not enfuse. Enfuse
                  is for multiple exposures. I suspect that enfuse is a bit confused by
                  all of those overexposed (white) areas :-)


                  > Have some fun

                  <fun>
                  this is another one of those features that work well in Windows and in
                  Linux but not on the Mac. Maybe we should recommend people to install
                  Vista?
                  </fun .... NOT!>

                  <serious>
                  Apple's Canadian website. Online Store. Configuring a Mac Pro.
                  - Upgrade the default 250GB Hard Drive in Bay 1 to 500GB: *155$*
                  - Add a 500GB Hard Drive in Bay 2: *395$*

                  Same time, same place, the online store of NCiX, a leading Canadian
                  online retailer. Prices for a 500GB HDD vary between 125$ and 144$,
                  and they feature all leading HDD manufacturers, including Apple's
                  suppliers. The most expensive 1000GB HDD is 373$.

                  Repeat for CPU, RAM, video card - similar results / price differential.

                  This is Apple, not OLPC <http://www.laptopgiving.org/>

                  </serious .... or fun?>

                  Yuv
                • Hans Nyberg
                  ... It would have been nice with a readme file or some other information. I have been looking everywhere at the HOME of Enblend where discussions about it
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > On Sun 02-Dec-2007 at 17:40 -0000, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                    >
                    > > I checked the download 3 times. Files look fine even if the change
                    > > of the name to Enfuce sounds like a joke.
                    >
                    > This is your problem, enblend-3.1 has a new extra tool called
                    > 'enfuse' which does HDR merging using multi-resolution splines.
                    >
                    > I guess this is the result you get when you stuff it with a 'normal'
                    > panorama.
                    >
                    It would have been nice with a readme file or some other information.

                    I have been looking everywhere at the HOME of Enblend where discussions about it should
                    take place.

                    There are no posts the last 2 months.
                    After I got the information about what Enfuse is I did a Google search and found 1, yes
                    One single link.

                    To a Google group for Hugin.

                    How do you believe you should be able to get feedback from Professional people who are
                    the users of Enblend when you take the development to a place where professional VR
                    photographers absolutely not will search for it.

                    I have never heard of one single professional VR Photographer who uses Hugin but almost
                    all use enblend together with one of the 3 main Pro stitchers.

                    You have to follow the rules for development of Open source and Enblend has a HOME
                    where you are supposed to publish the developments.

                    Hans
                  • Bruno Postle
                    ... Enfuse has existed for less than three weeks. ... Enblend was written specifically for hugin, luckily for you the developer made the tool separate rather
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                      On Sun 02-Dec-2007 at 23:03 -0000, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                      >After I got the information about what Enfuse is I did a Google search and found 1, yes
                      >One single link.

                      Enfuse has existed for less than three weeks.

                      >I have never heard of one single professional VR Photographer who uses Hugin but almost
                      >all use enblend together with one of the 3 main Pro stitchers.

                      Enblend was written specifically for hugin, luckily for you the
                      developer made the tool separate rather than embedding it.

                      >You have to follow the rules for development of Open source and Enblend has a HOME
                      >where you are supposed to publish the developments.

                      I think that your expectations are that software should come in a
                      shrink-wrapped box or have an 'installer' that you download from the
                      developer's web-site - but in an Open Source context these are
                      incredibly inefficient methods to distribute software.

                      This is why you can't find what you are looking for, because you are
                      looking in the wrong place. You downloaded some software that
                      didn't work as you expected from the ptmac site, why are you
                      complaining here?

                      --
                      Bruno
                    • Arnd Baecker
                      ... A huge number of open source projects is hosted on sourceforge, so this is a common place for the development of open source projects Looking at the
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                        On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On Sun 02-Dec-2007 at 17:40 -0000, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > I checked the download 3 times. Files look fine even if the change
                        > > > of the name to Enfuce sounds like a joke.
                        > >
                        > > This is your problem, enblend-3.1 has a new extra tool called
                        > > 'enfuse' which does HDR merging using multi-resolution splines.
                        > >
                        > > I guess this is the result you get when you stuff it with a 'normal'
                        > > panorama.
                        > >
                        > It would have been nice with a readme file or some other information.
                        >
                        > I have been looking everywhere at the HOME of Enblend where discussions about it should
                        > take place.
                        >
                        > There are no posts the last 2 months.
                        > After I got the information about what Enfuse is I did a Google search and found 1, yes
                        > One single link.
                        >
                        > To a Google group for Hugin.
                        >
                        > How do you believe you should be able to get feedback from Professional people who are
                        > the users of Enblend when you take the development to a place where professional VR
                        > photographers absolutely not will search for it.
                        >
                        > I have never heard of one single professional VR Photographer who uses Hugin but almost
                        > all use enblend together with one of the 3 main Pro stitchers.
                        >
                        > You have to follow the rules for development of Open source and Enblend has a HOME
                        > where you are supposed to publish the developments.

                        A huge number of open source projects is hosted on sourceforge,
                        so this is a common place for the development of open source projects
                        Looking at the webpage on sourceforge
                        http://enblend.sourceforge.net/
                        this is quite good.

                        In particular it has a link to the discussion forum,
                        http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370
                        where you could ask questions.

                        For Bug Reports / Support Requests:
                        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696410
                        For feature suggestions:
                        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696412
                        (Though the last two seem to have recieve less activity?)

                        It has a pointer to the sourceforge project site,
                        where the source code tree can browsed
                        http://enblend.cvs.sourceforge.net/enblend/enblend/
                        (with information about when a file was changed).

                        In particular for enfuse see
                        http://enblend.cvs.sourceforge.net/enblend/enblend/src/enfuse.cc?view=log

                        Obviously, as also pointed out by Bruno, this is rather new,
                        and most likely should be considered as experimental.

                        Overall I think that all the relevant channels are there,
                        they just have to be used.

                        Development of open source is a community effort,
                        where contributions of all kind are welcome.
                        This goes a long way from
                        - questions
                        - feature request
                        - testing
                        - bug reports
                        - contributions of text snippets to the web-page
                        (these could be added by the developers, so no need for html expertise;
                        the contents/writing is the harder bit),
                        or documentation, or wiki , ...
                        - code contributions (patches, ....)
                        - donations are also welcome in many cases

                        Best, Arnd
                      • Hans Nyberg
                        ... photographers absolutely not will search for it. ... almost ... HOME ... When I am talking about the HOME this is of course http://enblend.sourceforge.net/
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 2, 2007
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker@...> wrote:
                          photographers absolutely not will search for it.
                          > >
                          > > I have never heard of one single professional VR Photographer who uses Hugin but
                          almost
                          > > all use enblend together with one of the 3 main Pro stitchers.
                          > >
                          > > You have to follow the rules for development of Open source and Enblend has a
                          HOME
                          > > where you are supposed to publish the developments.
                          >
                          > A huge number of open source projects is hosted on sourceforge,
                          > so this is a common place for the development of open source projects
                          > Looking at the webpage on sourceforge
                          > http://enblend.sourceforge.net/
                          > this is quite good.
                          >
                          > In particular it has a link to the discussion forum,
                          > http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370
                          > where you could ask questions.
                          >
                          > For Bug Reports / Support Requests:
                          > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696410
                          > For feature suggestions:
                          > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696412
                          > (Though the last two seem to have recieve less activity?)
                          >
                          > It has a pointer to the sourceforge project site,
                          > where the source code tree can browsed
                          > http://enblend.cvs.sourceforge.net/enblend/enblend/
                          > (with information about when a file was changed).
                          >
                          > In particular for enfuse see
                          > http://enblend.cvs.sourceforge.net/enblend/enblend/src/enfuse.cc?view=log
                          >
                          > Obviously, as also pointed out by Bruno, this is rather new,
                          > and most likely should be considered as experimental.
                          >
                          > Overall I think that all the relevant channels are there,
                          > they just have to be used.

                          When I am talking about the HOME this is of course http://enblend.sourceforge.net/

                          But as I also say the activity of the forum is minimal.
                          During the last 1 1/2 year there is only 25 threads and the last post was sept 26.

                          Its not very easy to find it on the main page either.

                          All major stitchers are linking to http://enblend.sourceforge.net/ but to make it more
                          useful for the people who seek information it ought to be redesigned.

                          Hans
                        • dmgalpha
                          ... [...] ... but to make it more ... Version 3.1 is not being officially released (yet). As such, it is considered experimental. if you really want it, and
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:
                            >
                            [...]
                            > Its not very easy to find it on the main page either.
                            >
                            > All major stitchers are linking to http://enblend.sourceforge.net/
                            but to make it more
                            > useful for the people who seek information it ought to be redesigned.
                            >
                            > Hans
                            >


                            Version 3.1 is not being officially released (yet). As such, it is
                            considered experimental.

                            if you really want it, and you are willing to do some work, then
                            install fink (fink.sourceforge.net). After you have done it, open a
                            terminal (inside Applications/Utilities) and follow the instructions here:

                            http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_OSX

                            It is not that difficult.

                            Another alternative is that you offer a bounty for a compiled version
                            of enblend. It might work.



                            --dmg
                          • Erik Krause
                            ... So everything clears off: Ippei accidentially packaged the wrong binaries. Here is his mail: --snip Sorry, it was wrong programs I put in the archive...
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                              On Sunday, December 02, 2007 at 17:40, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                              > Here is a test on my G5. Looks a little different but still more like something made for fun.
                              > http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/enblend/enfuce-test.html

                              So everything clears off: Ippei accidentially packaged the wrong
                              binaries. Here is his mail:

                              --snip
                              Sorry, it was wrong programs I put in the archive... I've uploaded
                              the new file, and is available from the same address.

                              Oh, and please include your command and arguments in your report.

                              Thanks
                              Ippei

                              PS. I'm only reading this ML from the web. I'd appreciate it if you
                              could CC me (ippei_ukaiATmacDOTcom) your report when you send.
                              --snap

                              Hans, if enblend is so important to you you should try to get along
                              with those open source programmers instead of laughing about them
                              (how your humor could be mistaken).

                              It was you who asked about a memory bug in enblend 3 - not even in an
                              offical distribution. It was especially for you that Ippei - albeit
                              in his exams - compiled the latest snapshot as a favour. And this
                              while sometimes it is very hard not to mistake your words a open
                              source bashing...

                              best regards
                              --
                              http://www.erik-krause.de
                            • Hans Nyberg
                              ... Erik, Enblend is important to many professional VR Photographers. And as far as know Enblend 3 has been an official version (if you can talk about
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...> wrote:

                                > Hans, if enblend is so important to you you should try to get along
                                > with those open source programmers instead of laughing about them
                                > (how your humor could be mistaken).
                                >
                                > It was you who asked about a memory bug in enblend 3 - not even in an
                                > offical distribution. It was especially for you that Ippei - albeit
                                > in his exams - compiled the latest snapshot as a favour. And this
                                > while sometimes it is very hard not to mistake your words a open
                                > source bashing...

                                Erik,
                                Enblend is important to many professional VR Photographers.

                                And as far as know Enblend 3 has been an official version (if you can talk about official for
                                OS) since january 2007.

                                The Mac Universal compiled version is dated feb 05 2007.
                                I have no idea how long it has been part of the download items at Kekus.com but this
                                thread at RealViz is from April.
                                http://forum.realviz.com/realviz/Discussion-ST/install-enblend-osx-sujet_3557_1.htm

                                As you can see they also talk about memory problems but it seems not to be Ram.

                                How should I know what is official or not when you do not sign the versions which are
                                available for download. There is nothing as readme files which makes it possible to track
                                them. They are not even named in the info with version number so the only way to know if
                                it is a 2.5 , 1.3 or a 3.0 is from the date.

                                At http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370 there is not one single
                                post about Mac Enblend. As far as I remember you are a Mac user yourself so you should
                                know.

                                BTW it seems to be common among Open Source people as the same problem is found
                                in PTviewer.

                                Hans
                              • Hans Nyberg
                                ... track ... if ... should ... And talking about this mess with different versions I just sumbled on this at PTGui Support
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:

                                  > As you can see they also talk about memory problems but it seems not to be Ram.
                                  >
                                  > How should I know what is official or not when you do not sign the versions which are
                                  > available for download. There is nothing as readme files which makes it possible to
                                  track
                                  > them. They are not even named in the info with version number so the only way to know
                                  if
                                  > it is a 2.5 , 1.3 or a 3.0 is from the date.
                                  >
                                  > At http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370 there is not one single
                                  > post about Mac Enblend. As far as I remember you are a Mac user yourself so you
                                  should
                                  > know.

                                  And talking about this mess with different versions I just sumbled on this at PTGui Support
                                  http://groups.google.com/group/ptgui/browse_thread/thread/638233007f87a83b

                                  "There's some differences between the enblend released by kekus.com and
                                  the enblend compiled for Huging by mr. Ippei Ukai?
                                  I've tried both and i've found the "japanese" enblend running faster
                                  on my PPC G5. "

                                  Apparently there are 2 versions, or is it. I am not sure as there is no version at all at Hugin
                                  for Mac.

                                  Hans
                                • Erik Krause
                                  ... I know. And I must admit that it was easier when Andrew had enough time to answer himself. I had some very pleasant exchange with him... ... It was
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                                    On Monday, December 03, 2007 at 17:32, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                                    > Erik,
                                    > Enblend is important to many professional VR Photographers.

                                    I know. And I must admit that it was easier when Andrew had enough
                                    time to answer himself. I had some very pleasant exchange with him...

                                    > And as far as know Enblend 3 has been an official version (if you can talk
                                    > about official for OS) since january 2007.

                                    It was compiled by Kevin Kratzke. Compiling can be done such and
                                    such...

                                    > How should I know what is official or not when you do not sign the versions
                                    > which are available for download. There is nothing as readme files which
                                    > makes it possible to track them. They are not even named in the info with
                                    > version number so the only way to know if it is a 2.5 , 1.3 or a 3.0 is from
                                    > the date.

                                    May be because all that costs time which no one pays for?

                                    > At http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370 there is not one
                                    > single post about Mac Enblend. As far as I remember you are a Mac user
                                    > yourself so you should know.

                                    No, I'm on windows. My father owns an old cube mac where I have the
                                    honour to clean up the system from time to time ;-)

                                    I had another problem with enblend 3 - the usage of proprietary
                                    (multimedia) processor instructions which my processor didn't
                                    understand and which crashed enblend immediately. Someone else
                                    reported it to the enblend forum:
                                    http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1668117&forum_id=4203
                                    70
                                    and some time later someone else posted the answer:
                                    http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1685658&forum_id=4203
                                    70

                                    It is certainly not a fault of the forum or the developers that there
                                    are no Mac posts, obviously it's the Mac users.

                                    I don't know of any big commercial programm where the user is even
                                    heard and I know few shareware programmers that react fast on bug
                                    reports (the fastest is probably Ed Hamrick ;-). But I know very few
                                    open source programmers that refuse to fix a bug if they are *kindly*
                                    asked. Ippei is a good example: he tried to fix the bug you found and
                                    he (and the whole open source scene) earns only harsh criticism for
                                    it...

                                    Don't misunderstand me: You critics is welcome! But it sure shouldn't
                                    sound as if you spit on the programmers...

                                    best regards
                                    --
                                    http://www.erik-krause.de
                                  • Pablo dAngelo
                                    Hi Hans, now instead of complaining about the current lack of a Mac port, could you please help to improve the situation by providing constructive feedback on
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                                      Hi Hans,

                                      now instead of complaining about the current lack of a Mac port, could you
                                      please help to improve the situation by providing constructive feedback on
                                      the updated enblend binary at:

                                      http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/hugin/enblend-svn_mac.zip

                                      The binaries ippei is providing are likely to become the next official
                                      enblend release. Constructive feedback is needed, without it no offical OSX
                                      release is possible.

                                      I'll go back to playing with my baby daughter, this is much more joyful than
                                      reading this thread.

                                      ciao
                                      Pablo

                                      Hans Nyberg schrieb:
                                      > --- In #email-removed# "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Hans, if enblend is so important to you you should try to get along
                                      >> with those open source programmers instead of laughing about them
                                      >> (how your humor could be mistaken).
                                      >>
                                      >> It was you who asked about a memory bug in enblend 3 - not even in an
                                      >> offical distribution. It was especially for you that Ippei - albeit
                                      >> in his exams - compiled the latest snapshot as a favour. And this
                                      >> while sometimes it is very hard not to mistake your words a open
                                      >> source bashing...
                                      >
                                      > Erik,
                                      > Enblend is important to many professional VR Photographers.
                                      >
                                      > And as far as know Enblend 3 has been an official version (if you can talk about official for
                                      > OS) since january 2007.
                                      >
                                      > The Mac Universal compiled version is dated feb 05 2007.
                                      > I have no idea how long it has been part of the download items at Kekus.com but this
                                      > thread at RealViz is from April.
                                      > http://forum.realviz.com/realviz/Discussion-ST/install-enblend-osx-sujet_3557_1.htm
                                      >
                                      > As you can see they also talk about memory problems but it seems not to be Ram.
                                      >
                                      > How should I know what is official or not when you do not sign the versions which are
                                      > available for download. There is nothing as readme files which makes it possible to track
                                      > them. They are not even named in the info with version number so the only way to know if
                                      > it is a 2.5 , 1.3 or a 3.0 is from the date.
                                      >
                                      > At http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=420370 there is not one single
                                      > post about Mac Enblend. As far as I remember you are a Mac user yourself so you should
                                      > know.
                                      >
                                      > BTW it seems to be common among Open Source people as the same problem is found
                                      > in PTviewer.
                                      >
                                      > Hans
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                    • Arnd Baecker
                                      ... What about enblend -v ? Which gives enblend: no output file specified. ==== enblend, version 3.0 ==== [... info about command line arguments snipped ...]
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 3, 2007
                                        On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                                        > > How should I know what is official or not when you do not sign the versions which are
                                        > > available for download. There is nothing as readme files which makes it possible to
                                        > track
                                        > > them. They are not even named in the info with version number so the only way to know
                                        > if
                                        > > it is a 2.5 , 1.3 or a 3.0 is from the date.

                                        What about
                                        enblend -v
                                        ?
                                        Which gives
                                        enblend: no output file specified.
                                        ==== enblend, version 3.0 ====
                                        [... info about command line arguments snipped ...]

                                        Arnd
                                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.