Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Gyorome lense

  • Milko Amorth
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi Guillaume,

      > I second Milko.
      I am sorry for mixing up things. It was you, I remember the bridge and the
      tape :-).

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko K. Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging Productions

      VRCanada.ca
      Vancouver.360cities.net
      Ph:604.561.5101
      fx: 604.909.5125

      Skype: VRdundee
      Adobe Photographers Directory: tinyurl.com/2e3tnq
      Flickr: flickr.com/photos/vrdundee/
      Youtube: youtube.com/user/VRDundee Member of IVRPA.org (International VR
      Photography Association): ivrpa.org/user/1133
      Member of the Panorama Tools Meeting Group Europe : panotools-meeting.com/
      Contributor to the WorldWidePanorama.com Project ( University of
      California Berkeley) : tinyurl.com/233lkg
      Member of 360cities.net network VR portal
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2007
        I've been away from my computer this weekend, so have only just caught up
        with the Gyorome correspondence. I would have been glad to help, but see
        that the main product site has been correctly identified...

        Here's some more background. The company that makes this had a good
        reputation for superior door spy-hole "lenses" and decided to see if
        they could produce something good enough for use with digital cameras.
        Looks to me as if they have succeeded. It is BY FAR the cheapest such
        adaptor producing a genuine fisheye image. Of course it is much more
        expensive than the standard run of spyhole lenses.

        The lens is normally secured, or, um, attached, to a metal digital camera
        by magnets, and a lot of the correspondence complains about the fact that
        the lens is easily displaced, requiring the optimum position to be found
        again and again. The other complaint was that if you made a more secure
        attachment, you had to take it off every time you wanted to use your
        camera normally. There is now quite an extensive set of references on ways
        of doing this yourself. If the company is wise they will start making a
        set of threaded rings designed to couple their lens to various standard
        digicam lenses.

        Here is a reference to a best-selling book of photos (not panoramas, so
        a bit off topic) taken with this lens. OT it may be, but it shows how
        such a lens can be used creatively and seems to produce quite good quality
        images.

        Might be just the thing for real-estate panoramas. <GDAR>

        http://www.thedog-clubs.com/home.html

        Roger

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
      • erik vdb
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
          My Gyorome-8 has arrived, got trough a friend of a friend of my daughter who
          ordered it in Japan.

          the lens came with a self-adhesive ring to stick on the camera, i did not
          use it as my little kodak already had one fitted from another lens.
          the ring on the lens has a magnet, one can actually use a lens cap, make a
          hole, stick the lens trough it and put the adhesive ring on the other side
          of the cap and adjust the distance to lens.

          i posted some pictures here:
          http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40027c.JPG as i got it
          http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40019c.JPG the lens (with sizes)
          http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40023c.JPG on my 1.3Mp kodak DC3200 camera
          http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/011.JPG close up (1.3Mp)
          http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/012.JPG and another close up

          as i don't have camera that works with the Gyorome i probably ebay it.

        • erik vdb

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008
              On 1/7/2008 6:38 AM, erik vdb's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
              typed ...:
              > My Gyorome-8 has arrived, got it trough a friend of a friend of my
              > daughter
              > who ordered it in Japan.
              >
              > the lens came with a self-adhesive ring to stick on the camera, i did not
              > use it as my little kodak already had one fitted from another lens.
              > the ring on the lens has a magnet,

              I really like the idea of having a magnet attached to a digital camera.

              NOT!

              > one can actually use a lens cap, make a
              > hole, stick the lens trough it and put the adhesive ring on the other side
              > of the cap and adjust the distance to lens.
              >
              > i posted some pictures here:
              > http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40027c.JPG as i got it
              > http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40019c.JPG the lens (with sizes)
              > http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/40023c.JPG on my 1.3Mp kodak DC3200 camera
              > http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/011.JPG close up (1.3Mp)
              > http://dunesdugolf.eu/gyorome/012.JPG and another close up
              >
              > as i don't have camera that works with the Gyorome i probably ebay it.

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • erik vdb
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 7, 2008