Re: [PanoToolsNG] 40D vs XTi for panos

  • bigwade
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2007
      Well, indeed I am using the 400D mostly for panorama's and otherwise for some
      snap shots, vacation, etc. and I don't mind the plastic.....:-))
      (For work I use 2 5D's)
      Surched the differences between the 400D and 40D. at dpreview.com
      a half stop extra DR, 14 bit and that's it (+ the bettter body of course)
      I don't mind. (for now)
      Have Fun !

      Can't find rain pano's btw........ :-)

      dmgalpha wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bigwade <celsius@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Can anyone explain me why a live view is important with fisheye shots ?
      >> Focussing (:-)) ?
      >> Just need histogram and highlight clipping, that's all.
      >> Have Fun.
      >>

      > Do you use your camera only for panos?
      >
      > I don't. For me liveview is useful to properly focus the TS-E lenses
      > I own, and to focus properly through some of the 10 stop filters
      > I sometimes use. It is also very useful for macro work.
      >
      > I didn't think I needed it, but now I find it very useful.
      >
      > dmg
      >

      >> --

    • robert_harshman
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2007

        > Can anyone explain me why a live view is important with fisheye
        shots ?
        > Focussing (:-)) ?

        Live preview can be quite useful when shooting VR's. If you have a
        dynamic setting, it can easily allow you to see what's in frame or not,
        and that can help tell you when to "click or not."

        All the best!

        Robert