Re: [PanoToolsNG] pseudo "scanning" a large map

  • Bruno Postle
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 30, 2007
      On Fri 30-Nov-2007 at 13:03 -0500, Sacha Griffin wrote:
      >There are some tutorials for this. Utilizing panotools.
      >
      >Unfortunately, panotools tries to map onto a sphere.

      Actually no, you can do this stuff entirely with rectilinear input
      and output format.

      I haven't played with it, but I expect that you can do all this
      'linear panorama' process accurately in one step using the recent
      PTGui 'nadir patching' functionality.

      --
      Bruno
    • paul womack
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 5, 2007
        Sacha Griffin wrote:
        > Yup! :-)
        >
        > Been there. Lighting is key for mosaic scanning, even more so for very
        > reflective materials.
        >
        > It's MUCH better to move the artwork, than the camera, keeping the lights
        > static. Albeit maybe more of a pain?
        >
        > Anyway, it's probably close enough to be happy with. Congrats.

        Hmm. Then I lose the benefit of easy stitching.

        If I simply do this at night, when ALL the light
        is artificial (and thus constant) I'll avoid
        this problem.

        I then have a secondary task of either starting
        acheiving UNIFORM light over the map, or post-touching
        to achieve it.

        BugBear