Re: Please read all - moderator notice

  • verifone411
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Why not switch to a hosted forum?

      The search features are more rubust, allow for subscription per topics
      and countless other features.

      Just my thoughts.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
        On Friday, November 30, 2007 at 21:51, verifone411 wrote:

        > Why not switch to a hosted forum?
        >
        > The search features are more rubust, allow for subscription per topics
        > and countless other features.

        You are welcome to discuss that on
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/

        That was exactly the reason why this other list was created. Please
        use it.

        This kind of discussion is off topic here, please don't reply.

        best regards
        PanotoolsNG and Panotools-List moderator
        Panotools wiki sysop
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
          Hello List members,

          two points:

          1. I'll start to delete long time bouncing members.
          2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.

          Details see below.

          Please don't reply to that message here!

          Either contact the moderators directly at
          PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com or start a discussion on

          1. We have still about 60 member accounts with invalid or
          malfunctioning email address. According to the User Guidelines
          http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Account
          you need a valid email address in order to participate in this list
          (even if you don't use email delivery).

          Some of those bouncing addresses don't work since more than a year.
          There is a strong probability that those members simply forgot to
          unsubscribe.

          Because of that I'll start today to delete memberships which meet the
          following conditions:
          - address is bouncing since 2006.
          - error message indicates that the mail account has been terminated.
          - member choose email delivery of list mails.

          In a few days I'll proceed with those who meet the above conditions
          but choose web delivery of list messages.

          To find out whether your mail account bounces, log in to Yahoo groups
          and go to
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/members?group=bounce

          To change your email address please log in to:
          click "My account" and edit your account details.

          If your membership got deleted but you still want to participate,
          simply sign in again with a valid email address.

          2. Assuming you want your questions and comments read, don't start an
          entirely NEW thread by changing the subject line. Please don't simply
          press "Reply" in an unrelated message if you want to start a new
          thread. A hidden reference in the mail header will link your post to
          the unrelated thread - making it invisible to someone with a threading
          mail client or (f.e.) Nabble:
          http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html

          Please read http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Subject on how
          and when to change a subject line.

          Similar please ALWAYS press "Reply", if you want to answer in a
          thread. Starting a new message (even with the same subject) will break
          the thread.

          best regards
          Erik Krause for the PanotoolsNG moderators
        • Scott Witte
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
            Erik Krause wrote:
            > 2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.
            I suspect most people doing this (and yes, it is irritating!) don't
            realize it because of how they read messages, by date, non-threaded I
            expect. It just seems easier to hit "reply too" and change the subject
            line than to start a new thread and enter the correct email address.

            This could be avoided with a hosted forum, of course.

            --
            Scott Witte
            ---------------------------------

            Member, APA | Midwest

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
              On 1/10/2008 10:10 AM, Scott Witte's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Erik Krause wrote:
              >> 2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.
              > I suspect most people doing this (and yes, it is irritating!) don't
              > realize it because of how they read messages, by date, non-threaded I
              > expect. It just seems easier to hit "reply too" and change the subject
              > line than to start a new thread and enter the correct email address.
              >
              > This could be avoided with a hosted forum, of course.
              It could also be avoided if people understood what they're doing is
              wrong and know how to do it correctly (hopefully Erik's message will get
              through to them and they'll be better for it). Remember: no one knows
              they're screwing up until someone brings it to their attention.

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large