Please read all - moderator notice

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello,

      the email address of about 57 members bounce, here is a list with
      member names of the bouncing members in alphabetical order, each
      letter a paragraph - please read on at the end of the text if your
      member name is in that list:

      aceross360
      andrewhudsonsmith
      andrewmedina2006

      bruce_alan_foster

      ch_tobler
      charly_parfummaus
      clairefrance2000

      dae_il0330
      davidpalermo7
      ddddude12
      dswierczynski

      edy51502000
      ehtnet
      enoerv
      erikjanvens
      ewaldharter

      fapio123
      faunamike
      frogworks_media

      gidget52002

      henery8esq
      hilly512000
      hnicol01

      ice4umac

      jamespetti
      janavgar
      juanchokilu

      kiesel_bln33
      knifecatcher06
      kristinkfisher33

      mcraw3957
      miarenge
      morganisaksen
      mzoder

      niemannt

      olaf_vernunft
      oliblc
      oneill_shane_1977
      oregontoursonline

      panotonic
      pedrohoho2001
      pepitor03
      petrusvdmerwe
      photoengineering
      pic_stitcher
      plissdeh

      robshostak
      rowkajjh

      scholzz
      skipsteuart
      studio360dan
      superbowl64

      tipaccio03

      wilco_fong
      woodsharky

      yevgeni_skokovsky

      zkull

      If you want to receive list messages but also to prevent spam you
      need a valid and working email address. To change your email address
      please log in to: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG
      click "My account" and edit your account details.

      If you want to see the reason for bounces go to the bouncing members
      page: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/members?group=bounce
      locate your name and click "View history" At the bottom of the
      resulting page you find the server answer of the last attempt.

      If you have problems please don't reply to that message - contact the
      moderators instead at PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com

      best regards
      Erik Krause for the PanotoolsNG moderators
    • verifone411
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
        Why not switch to a hosted forum?

        The search features are more rubust, allow for subscription per topics
        and countless other features.

        Just my thoughts.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
          On Friday, November 30, 2007 at 21:51, verifone411 wrote:

          > Why not switch to a hosted forum?
          >
          > The search features are more rubust, allow for subscription per topics
          > and countless other features.

          You are welcome to discuss that on
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/

          That was exactly the reason why this other list was created. Please
          use it.

          This kind of discussion is off topic here, please don't reply.

          best regards
          PanotoolsNG and Panotools-List moderator
          Panotools wiki sysop
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
            Hello List members,

            two points:

            1. I'll start to delete long time bouncing members.
            2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.

            Details see below.

            Please don't reply to that message here!

            Either contact the moderators directly at
            PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com or start a discussion on

            1. We have still about 60 member accounts with invalid or
            malfunctioning email address. According to the User Guidelines
            http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Account
            you need a valid email address in order to participate in this list
            (even if you don't use email delivery).

            Some of those bouncing addresses don't work since more than a year.
            There is a strong probability that those members simply forgot to
            unsubscribe.

            Because of that I'll start today to delete memberships which meet the
            following conditions:
            - address is bouncing since 2006.
            - error message indicates that the mail account has been terminated.
            - member choose email delivery of list mails.

            In a few days I'll proceed with those who meet the above conditions
            but choose web delivery of list messages.

            To find out whether your mail account bounces, log in to Yahoo groups
            and go to
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/members?group=bounce

            To change your email address please log in to:
            click "My account" and edit your account details.

            If your membership got deleted but you still want to participate,
            simply sign in again with a valid email address.

            2. Assuming you want your questions and comments read, don't start an
            entirely NEW thread by changing the subject line. Please don't simply
            press "Reply" in an unrelated message if you want to start a new
            thread. A hidden reference in the mail header will link your post to
            the unrelated thread - making it invisible to someone with a threading
            mail client or (f.e.) Nabble:
            http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html

            Please read http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Subject on how
            and when to change a subject line.

            Similar please ALWAYS press "Reply", if you want to answer in a
            thread. Starting a new message (even with the same subject) will break
            the thread.

            best regards
            Erik Krause for the PanotoolsNG moderators
          • Scott Witte
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
              Erik Krause wrote:
              > 2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.
              I suspect most people doing this (and yes, it is irritating!) don't
              realize it because of how they read messages, by date, non-threaded I
              expect. It just seems easier to hit "reply too" and change the subject
              line than to start a new thread and enter the correct email address.

              This could be avoided with a hosted forum, of course.

              --
              Scott Witte
              ---------------------------------

              Member, APA | Midwest

            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
                On 1/10/2008 10:10 AM, Scott Witte's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                and typed ...:
                > Erik Krause wrote:
                >> 2. Please don't start a new thread in the middle of another one.
                > I suspect most people doing this (and yes, it is irritating!) don't
                > realize it because of how they read messages, by date, non-threaded I
                > expect. It just seems easier to hit "reply too" and change the subject
                > line than to start a new thread and enter the correct email address.
                >
                > This could be avoided with a hosted forum, of course.
                It could also be avoided if people understood what they're doing is
                wrong and know how to do it correctly (hopefully Erik's message will get
                through to them and they'll be better for it). Remember: no one knows
                they're screwing up until someone brings it to their attention.

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large