OT ?: VRMAG relaunch issue 28 is online

  • Marco Trezzini
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      hi, sorry for cross posting, but the vrmag newsletter DB was
      partially corrupted, so this is the only way to reach you all.

      You're just a click away from VRMAG's relaunch issue 28:
      the most complete ever published with 45 articles, 11 contributing
      writers and panoramas from 29 contributing photographers.

      In addition to the simplified and interactive panorama navigation we
      added a panoramic leaflet, as a new navigation method to access to
      the articles. VRMAG also has a new blog and a Yahoo group.

      http://www.vrmag.org

      Relax, unwind and immerse yourself in a yourney of discovery through
      places, events and people around the world. In this issue we will
      take you to: the closed and radioactive zone of Chernobyl, Wired
      NextFest in Los Angeles, Cuba's capital city La Habana, Red square in
      Moscow, the Palaces where European Royalties lives, New York's
      Tribute in light, the island of Aphrodite Cyprus, Valentino's exhibit
      at Ara Pacis museum in Rome, the Mayan ruins Chinkultic and Tenam
      Puente in Mexico, Vienna, Copenhagen Opera House, Seattle, RedBull
      AirRace Abu Dhabi ... and more ...

      The article Advanced panoramic stitching - is a reasoned approach
      which might quell the "Stitcher Wars" currently raging. Pat St.
      Clair's writes about his experimentations during 100+ hours with
      PTGui Pro 7.2 and Stitcher 5.6.1 Unlimited, using three lensing
      options and a new rig. In his findings, Pat tries to bring focus,
      common sense and clarity to a complex topic.

      We'll let you experience the panorama from a sleeping pill bottle,
      watch the interior of a Coca Cola's one, transport you into a washing
      machine and feel like...your sock. You will even transform into a
      fish and be intrigued by a guy ironing underwater; you will enter the
      head of Hermann's sculpture, have a chat with Jonathan Livingston,
      experience a bubble party, feel the thrill of extreme canyoning ...

      For VRMAG showing panoramas of the physical world is not enough. For
      that reason we'll take you to Second Life, in order to visit Anshe
      Chung's Picture Gallery Dresden; to DanCoyote's Full Immersion
      Hyperformalism; behind the scenes of the creation of next generation
      screenshots for the gaming industry; and even to a visit to
      "Wellenkreis" an art installation of an endless sine curve in real
      space...

      V-artist:

      This issue's guest artist is Patrick Cheatham.

      This year google sponsored the development of panorama making
      software.Yuval Levi interviews the administrator of the Hugin/
      Panotools participation to Google´┐Żs Summer of Code, Leslie Hawthorn,
      Program Manager - Open Source at Google; Pablo d'Angelo, Lead
      Engineer for hugin; and Ken Turkowski, VR scientist.

      If Markus Krueger, on the other hand, shows you how he managed to
      built a spherical cube in the real world", by entering the head of
      Hermann, Carel Struycken, tells to the readers, about how he became a
      panographer, and about his most interesting VR projects; while
      Matthias Taugwalder, takes you to the Swiss Alps, and later on to
      Lucerne Panotools meeting. The 2007 IVRPA Conference in Berkeley is
      covered by videos and reports, while Aldo Hoeben shares his Kite
      panorama experience at Sziget 2007. Fourchambers studios unveils the
      next generation's educative tools and...

      much, much more awaits you, just a click away...

      http://www.vrmag.org

      Enjoy,

      yours sincerely

      marco trezzini

    • Bill Bailey
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
        Even a blurb about Nodal Ninja 3 and the new Nodal Ninja 5 Pro :-)
        Thanks Marco and VRMag.org

        http://www.vrmag.org
      • qsecofr88888
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007