RE: [PanoToolsNG] evaluating stitches

  • Paul D. DeRocco
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
      > From: matt_nolan_uaf
      >
      > Hi. I find myself spending a lot of time looking for
      > stitching errors
      > but still end up missing some. The issue is that the stitching and
      > blending algorithms do such a good job that the seams are
      > hard to find,
      > but the problem is that it means that I sometime overlook
      > errors which
      > I (or worse someone else...) later find. What I'd really like is a
      > vector overlay that shows me where the seams are, so that I can focus
      > my analysis to just those areas. So I'm wondering how others are
      > dealing with this issue?

      Produce a file with layers, and open the file in Photoshop. Then, for each
      layer, disable the layer mask by shift-clicking the layer mask icon, and
      then use undo/redo (Ctrl+Z) to go back and forth while examining the
      interesting parts of the overlaps. Use undo/redo instead of repeated
      shift-clicking to avoid filling up your history with redundant
      disable/enable layer mask operations.

      --

      Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
      Paul mailto:pderocco@...