autodetect: DevalVr / Quicktime / Flash 9

  • Jaume Llorens
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
      I'd like to show .mov files using this viewers:
      - DevalVr
      - Quicktime
      - FlashPanoramas

      And I'd like to use a javascript like Fiero offers to detect the plugin
      in the user browser.
      Is it posible to apply the new flash panorama features (
      http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/2007/10/01/flash-panorama-player-22-announcement/)
      to use the same .mov file, and also autodetect the best choice for the
      user.. ?
      I have been playing on it, but with no success. My javascript knowledg
      is null.
      Could anybody give me any orientation.. ?
      Thanks,

      Jaume
      www.vistes360.com
    • erik leeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
        Why don't you ask Fiero himself?
        He is VERY helpfull and has his own forum for exactly this kind of
        questions!

        http://www.devalvr.com/forum/index.php

        Oh, and he had his Millionth (!) plugin download yesterday, so you'll
        probably find he's in a good mood : )

        Regards,

        erik leeman

        (www.erikleeman.com)
      • Flemming V. Larsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
          Maybe I'm a bit slow or my attentions have just been somewhere else ;-)
          I wasn't aware of Flash Panorama could take .mov-file now.

          But now that you've told me I'm eager to give it a try - It could be a real
          time and server space saver.

          As I haven't looked into it before it took some time to find out how it
          actually works.
          The QTVR sample page and especially the "swfobject.js" file isn't easy to
          dechipher!!

          But after a couple of hours trying to figure things out I think I got a
          simple way to combine Fiero's detectVR-script and flash panorama.

          The pano code on the html -page looks like this:

          ------------snip---------------

          <SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
          viewerparameters("devalvr","resize","0","autoplayspeed","5","firstautoplay","0.1,100");
          viewerparameters("java","hidegui","true","quality","500","gui","fs1_gui.ivu");
          viewerparameters("qt","controller","false");
          viewerparameters("flash","allowFullScreen","true","allowScriptAccess","sameDomain");
          writecode("faroe/pano/tinganes2F.mov","faroe/pano/tinganes2F.mov","faroe/pano/tinganes2F.ivp","pano.swf?xml_file=faroe/pano/fl_xml/tinganes2F.xml","","100%","100%");
          </SCRIPT>

          ------------snip---------------

          with the flash-part being the last viewerparameters-line and 4th filename
          inside the writecode.

          The viewerparameters after "flash" are in pair equal to Param sets "name"
          and "value". You can set as many pair as you like, but the two sets used
          here should be enough.
          I'm all new to this flashplayer, so if someone think I should use others,
          please let me know.

          The panofilename "pano.swf?xml_file=faroe/pano/flxml/tinganes2F.xml" refers
          to two files:
          1) "pano.swf" is the basic (container) flash-file. I keep it in my root-dir
          and it is used for all files.
          2) "faroe/pano/fl_xml/tinganes2F.xml" (repalce i with "yourpath/you.xml)" is
          the xml for the actual mov-file. I have created one for each .mov-file and
          placed it in a subdir of the pano-dir, but it could also be in pano-dir
          along with the .mov-files ( I just have it this way not to confuse it with
          immervison xml-files.)

          The most simple contents of the xml-file looks like this:

          ---------------------------

          <?xml version="1.0" ?>
          <panorama>

          <parameters>

          layer_6 = files/movDecoder.swf

          panoType = mov
          panoName = faroe/pano/tinganes2F

          </parameters>

          <movDecoder>
          disableMacPreview=1
          </movDecoder>

          </panorama>

          ---------------------------

          The most interesting part is "panoName = faroe/pano/tinganes2F" - the path
          shall be relative to "pano.swf" (I guess...).
          (As you/I get more into the interaction and gui paramters you/I may wish to
          fill more into the xml-file.)
          For it to work you also need to have the "movDecoder.swf " in your path. For
          now I've just copied the full "files-dir" from the flashplayer distribution
          to my root dir.

          Hope this is understandable and to some help.

          Have a look at my test setup:

          http://panodep.dk/fs1d.php?tema=faroeF&fs=1&pv=FLASH&sp=e

          Tiganes / Tinganes Penisula and Tourist Information Centre as set up with
          Flashplasher and use the same movie files as Devalvr/qtvr/pangea while the
          rest i still using separate .swf-files from Pano2Qtvr ( comparing those two
          shows that not only do you get away without having to make and upload an
          extra big file, you also get better quality using Denis Chumakovs
          FlashPlayer ;-)).

          Best regards
          - Flemming

          > I'd like to show .mov files using this viewers:
          > - DevalVr
          > - Quicktime
          > - FlashPanoramas
          >
          > And I'd like to use a javascript like Fiero offers to detect the plugin
          > in the user browser.
          > Is it posible to apply the new flash panorama features (
          > http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/2007/10/01/flash-panorama-player-22-announcement/)
          > to use the same .mov file, and also autodetect the best choice for the
          > user.. ?
          > I have been playing on it, but with no success. My javascript knowledg
          > is null.
          > Could anybody give me any orientation.. ?
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jaume
          > www.vistes360.com

          > 27-11-2007 20:30

        • fierodeval
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
            Thank you Flemming!!! :)

            Only one detail to make it perfect. It's better if you redefine the
            required version for FlashPanoramas player. You can do this in the
            HTML code (for example, for Flash 9.0.47):

            ------------snip---------------

            <SCRIPT type="text/javascript">

            minFlashVersion = "9.0.47";

            viewerparameters("devalvr","resize","0","autoplayspeed","5","firstautoplay","0.1\
            ,100");

            viewerparameters("java","hidegui","true","quality","500","gui","fs1_gui.ivu");
            viewerparameters("qt","controller","false");

            viewerparameters("flash","allowFullScreen","true","allowScriptAccess","sameDomai\
            n");

            writecode("faroe/pano/tinganes2F.mov","faroe/pano/tinganes2F.mov","faroe/pano/ti\
            nganes2F.ivp","pano.swf?xml_file=faroe/pano/fl_xml/tinganes2F.xml","","100%","10\
            0%");
            </SCRIPT>

            regards!
            fiero