Re: .psb with leyers

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
      Marco, Well, I did a test to replicate what you were doing more-or-
      less. I stitched 6 images of 5412x7216px and got a 12500x14000 PSB
      file (6 layers but no blended layer). This was 670MB, but became 1.1GB
      when I opened it in CS2 and simply saved it as a new PSB file. No
      doubt different compression settings will account for the difference.
      However this is still significantly less than the 8GB that you report.
      Maybe the level of detail in your images compared to my manufactured
      images is a factor. When I flattened the image (to simulate blending),
      the uncompressed tiff file was then 514MB.

      If you intend to stitch such files with PTGui, then you need to be
      consistent with the output positioning and cropping so that you have a
      uniform lens specification for each image.

      John