Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama head

  • gabriel s
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hi
      I have the KIWI one. It's OK for small ASP cameras.
      Gabriel

      Ken Warner <kwarner@...> wrote: Hi Mark,

      Your VR head looks industrial strength. I can see that
      it would be a robust tool with a long useful life.

      I need something more modest. I use a little Fuji compact and
      like to hike out in the mountains -- I live in Mammoth Lakes, CA.

      Something that is light and easy to carry is the first thing I
      look for. I was thinking about the Nodal Ninja but that's too
      expensive for my needs. And usually I just shoot cylindrical.
      Not much interest in the sky above my head or the dirt below
      my feet. The spherical stuff is for the cathedrals.

      The Kaidan head was sort of spur of the moment. Saw it on
      eBay, bid on it and won it. Never even had heard about it
      before. Looked pretty good. Has detent disks which are important.
      And a leveler. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion
      on it before I get it....

      Ken